• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Today's parody threads starting with: 1 million PIes manufactured"

Collapse

• TheBigD
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Wellingborough isn't in The North... it's barely in the midlands.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Page last updated at 08:06 GMT, Monday, 24 May 2010 09:06 UK

Are you sure its today's?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SimonMac again.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Mods!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Rockers!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Mods!

Mods!

Leave a comment:

• JoJoGabor
    replied
    Sensationalist headlines.

6 years ago was what? 2007. So the chance of blackouts was higher then? I don't remember (excuse the pun) a single blackout back then

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Mmmmmm, raspberry pie & nan.

Yum.
    Whose nan are you going to dip in it?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    A million pies? That should be about 3141592.7 then.

What about the first million digits of pi? Too long for a single post that, will need to go into the counting thread...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    for goodness sake.
    Obliged

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Oi. It wasn't me. It was the duck-billed one.

I've been here hitting F5 since 8am.
    Oh darn.. fixed. At least Platypus can't neg rep me again for a little bit for this one

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Risk of popping out for a sandwich and missing something at highest in six years
    Grrrrr !

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Oi. It wasn't me. It was the duck-billed one.

I've been here hitting F5 since 8am.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    English Defence League leader and founder Tommy Robinson has left the group, saying he has concerns over the "dangers of far-right extremism".

The EDL organises protests across the UK against "radical Islam".

Mr Robinson said it was still his aim to "counter Islamist ideology", although "not with violence but with better, democratic ideas".

Several senior figures have quit, but an EDL spokesman said the group "will not die because they're walking away".
    The EDL occupies the space left by the BNP. Nick Griffin wrote 20 years ago on the election of the first BNP councillor:

The electors of Millwall did not back a post modernist rightist party, but what they perceived to be a strong, disciplined organisation with the ability to back up its slogan "Defend Rights for Whites" with well-directed boots and fists
    The problem the BNP has always faced is the pull between the desire for electoral success (with its nice MEP salaries and perks) and its core supporters' desire for 'boots and fists' street fascism. When it went the way of an electoral strategy, it tried to keep the core in check with the promise of electoral breakthrough but those promises have not delivered. The EDL fills that vacuum.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    for goodness sake.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X