• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Today's "Scrambled Maps" was a bit of a bugger

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been gammon with chips, fried egg and beans, being some gammon roasted a long time ago which has been lurking undetected at the bottom of the freezer. Tasted mostly OK though

This was accompanied by Bombing Brighton: The Plot to Kill Thatcher which was very interesting, I thought - particularly the contributions from Patrick Magee, who planted the bomb.

I'm not going to watch Threads tonight as it finishes a bit late for my decrepit sleeping habits. But it'll be on iPlayer, at least for a while, as will (I hope) the other programmes about Porton Down and so on

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A reminder that Threads is on BBC4 tonight
    <-Sheffield .

A reminder that Maigret is on TalkingPicturesTV at 21:00 this evening.

It's the one where the Judge is caught trying to dump a body in the river. .

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A reminder that Threads is on BBC4 tonight

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a fish finger bap (wholemeal, red sauce)

Somebody in the larger of the two Art Deco blocks has been having new flooring or carpeting laid this week, and they're using the carpet place that was across the road from the old flat. So I get the nostalgia kick of looking out of the living room window and seeing one of their vans parked across the lawn

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Damp and overcast. It was quite bright first thing. Much rain overnight. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 17 expected. A break in the cloud anticipated this afternoon. Barometer down to 986 mBar.

On site today. ConsultancyCo tried to tell me not to come in due to them not being here today but I have to be here for other reasons ...

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Drily damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 17 deg, 18.5 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto (ok: it's warmed up in the living room due to the dehumidifier).

984.3 mBar, 29.066 in Hg, 738.3 Torr, 14.276 psi, (up from 984 last night), 68% RH (Lidl electric: the dehumidifier is on).

Meanwhile on the 20th of November 2019 LM got her first ZenChury, apparently it was cold in sluff according to vetran who was travelling to Potters Bar, whereas I was off down the dump with yet more garden waste, the stuff that I burn baby burn these days instead.

And it's another morning where I work at 04:30 and read until 06:30. Which served to advance my way through the "Westerns" epic.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 09:32.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Had to wear a head torch on the perambulation earlier. Sky clearing now, probably on 75% dark clouds.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rather a gloomy grey start, with evidence of overnight rain though it's not raining at the moment. It's expected to continue thus all day. Reasonably mild again at 12°C rising to 15°C, though the barometers are down some more to 974/982mB
    Last edited by NickFitz; Today, 07:00.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    There was a new Police Interceptors to watch tonight, though it was basically the same as all the old ones

And I didn't read very much of Eternity. I might set it aside and read something else

Wednesday tomorrow, which is a bit nearer Friday

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Rainy evening here, off and on

Nice tea though: oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A meeting was added to my delightfully empty calendar this afternoon

I didn't notice until about ten minutes in and it's a team "lessons learned" thing so reasonably interesting anyway. And it's only every fortnight, so not too unbearable

And after that me and the other guy made some good progress; we were back out of Terraform land into the realm of Python, so I was actually able to make some useful contributions this time

I'll still be glad when it's Friday though. Not feeling the enthusiasm for this particular body of work

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lunch has been a salmon bap (white) with a bag of plain crisps

Proper salmon out of a tin, mind, not that fresh stuff
    Same again for lunch, as the rest of the salmon Needed to be Eaten™

Quiet morning as I'm still shadowing those people from another but closely related team, and they had meetings. Back to the fray shortly though

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Wet. Cloudy. Quite bright though. There has been much rain but none currently occurring, although more is on the way later. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer down to 995 mBar.

Prepping for a job interview tomorrow afternoon. I have to prepare, and deliver, a 10 minute presentation. It doesn't help that I know well the people interviewing me.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Yesterday, 09:53.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    More meteors tonight. Fat chance I'll be able to see it. Never can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/articles/c17lzk08l0eo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X