• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• covbob
    replied
    I seem to have stopped watching TV for a while now. To spend a bit of sofa time with Mrs CB I might look at some mindless stuff for pre-bed watching. Any ideas?

Things we've gone for before...

Police Interceptors (and similar)
    Repair Shop
    24 hours in police custody (and 24 hours in A&E before that)
    Secrets of the Underground (I think... Scandi girl and enthusiastic guy look at what's behind the closed doors in tube stations. Actually that'd be a lot of fun IRL - when I was a networks guy I used to love going behind closed doors where no-one else could see).

And Mrs CB watches sewing bee/bake off when I'm out (usually with at least one child next to her).

None of the above require too much attention or for me to watch a whole series to understand what's going on!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been takeaway leftovers. Even after being reheated for a few minutes in the air fryer, those onion bhajis are extremely good

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Morning everyone

Grey, overcast and glum here. Can't seem to get myself started this morning, just very tired and flat. Need coffee or something.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky with no fluff from my vantage point. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Cloud cover set to increase this afternoon but still remain bright and sunny. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

The new landlady is currently trying to decide if moving furniture out is worth the cost of storage before deciding whether to accept my offer or ask me to be more flexible. Apparently, whilst it's still being marketed and there have been some more viewings, mine is the only open offer. I am still keeping an eye out for other properties too.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 15.3 deg, 15.5 in the kitchen, 14.7 in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of September 2019 WTFH survived his medical experiences, NF had a guitar player upstairs tinkling away, possibly Mary Poppins, Cojack popped in to say hello, and I had liver & bacon with onion gravy for tea, followed by a Whoopi Goldberg epic with Ted Danson.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away despite the appalling heat of the day.

Five lawns duly mown.

Lunch: beans on toast, sadly the last crust from the previous loaf was indeed too blue so I gave it to the jackdaws.

Entertainment: something on R4 about Irish homes for girls in unfortunate situations like Philomena.

Veronica Mars S2 E3 "Green-eyed monster":
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 14:17.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Perambulation has been had, although due to me not wanting to get out of bed I've not even hit 10k steps yet. There's rain in the valley, but blue sky around us.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    To celebrate getting a Devon Wildlife Trust award for our garden, we’ve got 4 hedgehogs fighting by the pond.

​​​​​​….and on that bombshell, goodnight.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start out but it already seems to be clearing slightly from the west, in that it's going from a layer of clouds to lumps with some gaps. It's predicted to remain mostly cloudy for the rest of the day, though, so maybe this loose conglomeration is the best we can expect. Currently 10°C and aiming for 18°, while the barometers are back up at 1009/1017mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    To celebrate getting a Devon Wildlife Trust award for our garden, we’ve got 4 hedgehogs fighting by the pond.

​​​​​​….and on that bombshell, goodnight.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Watched an old Police Interceptors earlier

And later, I've been reading more of The Illusionist

Back to work tomorrow! Oh well, it's only four days

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been oniony chicken casserole

And the mundane laundry has been done

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    All clothing has been laundered and I have an empty washing basket until the end of the day.

Contemplating doing a towel wash.

It's still raining.
    Ah, that reminds me - I need to put the mundane laundry on! I'll do it now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been some M&S chicken bites. TBH I didn't fancy them much, but they were on their Use By date so I thought I'd best get rid

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    All clothing has been laundered and I have an empty washing basket until the end of the day.

Contemplating doing a towel wash.

It's still raining.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Email arrives from Sainsbury's about my account being up the creek, this being the Sainsbury's account not the Nectar account - they've linked the two, so the latter having been broken by some Russian hacker means the former is also bust.

It asked me to reply with various personal details so they could "validate" my account. It also contained a number of basic grammatical errors, which is perhaps not unexpected from somebody who has to work customer support on a Bank Holiday, but seems suspicious as some of them were in what I assume is standard boilerplate text. It's from a Sainsbury's email address, but it isn't exactly unknown for email systems to be compromised.

So I posted the details requested, including the case number from the subject line, on their website contact form instead, along with a PDF of the email. Then I replied explaining what I'd done, and why. Sorry, Bank Holiday support person, but you really need to keep an eye on that grammar if you're sending emails on behalf of a corporation that can presumably afford a grammar checker, and whose own banking website warns that scam emails often have poor grammar

Leave a comment:

Working...
X