• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And Faber have emailed to inform me that they're publishing Lord of the Flies as a graphic novel. I never liked that book so even though the sample pages shown look quite nice, I think I'll pass
    "Liked"? In my case it's "detested". I think it was a set book which is the kiss of death for almost anything.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Heavy rain here, though it seems to be tapering off now

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The power has been restored and the WM finished its spin cycle. I spoke to two neighbours.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: chunky fish finger bap (wholemeal) with tomato sauce

I wish these lateral flow tests would just give up and admit that this lurgy is Covid. It's so similar to the previous time I had it that I find it hard to believe it's anything else

Anyway, I have turned to consumerism to ease my suffering by ordering a set of AirPods Pro and the new Apple Watch Series 10 in titanium. The former will arrive on Thursday, the latter towards the end of the month when it's actually released

And Faber have emailed to inform me that they're publishing Lord of the Flies as a graphic novel. I never liked that book so even though the sample pages shown look quite nice, I think I'll pass

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Just as the WM went into its spin cycle, the power went off. Looks like the whole street is out.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Listening to a webinar about the upcoming TS4 framework to see if that's worth joining for next year.
    Nope. After attending a few of these, I finally heard the salient bit of information: turnover needs to be at least 600k to meet the financial requirements.

Let's see how DOS7 pans out. DOS6 hasn't been very good so I'm in two minds as to whether to bother trying again.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Overcast but feels quite bright. Unlikely to see any direct sunshine today. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Rain forecast from 5 pm onwards. Barometer down to 1008 mBar.

Listening to a webinar about the upcoming TS4 framework to see if that's worth joining for next year.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Meanwhile on the 10th of November 2019 LM was happy to have an empty washing basket, whereas NF was intrigued to find that there was a burglar man on the roof of the terrace attempting to flee the plod. They got him down in the end.
    A Sunday, that evening also being of note as the first time I'd tried making chicken, tomato and lentil soup

I just had to write a four paragraph email to the conveyancer asking for clarification about a matter relating to the house sale. What a faff! If I'd been able to do it in a programming language, I could have just tinkered with it until it worked as required. Instead, I had to keep rereading and modifying it, and even once I was sure it said what I wanted it to say, there's no guarantee it won't be interpreted differently when run on somebody else's wetware - in fact, that's the reason I need clarification, because of somebody else's communications being ambiguous

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    To add to the fun, the purchasers of the parental home have asked if the date can be brought forward. As my siblings are holidaying in various ways, this would only give us a couple of weeks to clear the place, including sheds and so on.
    Shades of the 3 weeks I spent emptying next door so their fly by night builder could start: IIRC I had exactly 3 hours help removing some of the carpets in that 3 weeks.

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1010 last night), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

And it's raining now.

Meanwhile on the 10th of November 2019 LM was happy to have an empty washing basket, whereas NF was intrigued to find that there was a burglar man on the roof of the terrace attempting to flee the plod. They got him down in the end.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:35.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start again, though a tiny bit of blue has just appeared over there *points* so it may brighten up soon. Breezy though: 17mph with 31mph gusts apparently. It's currently 15°C and no more than 16° expected, while the barometers are back down a bit at 993/1001mB

The lurgy is, perhaps, very slightly less bad - though this could be an illusion that is dispelled as soon as I try to do anything at all, even just responding to an email about the house sale

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Apart from the annoying Californian enthusiasm of senior Apple executives, tonight's only viewing has been assorted offenders in North Yorkshire on an old Traffic Cops

Another early night now, in the hope this lurgy finally goes away. The various films and TV shows I had plans of watching during my break are going to have to wait until I'm in a fit state to concentrate on them

To add to the fun, the purchasers of the parental home have asked if the date can be brought forward. As my siblings are holidaying in various ways, this would only give us a couple of weeks to clear the place, including sheds and so on. And my brother is off to New Zealand, so I'm the only executor in the country and will have to deal with anything official that crops up. I don't mind the earlier date if we can get everything arranged, but if this lurgy drags on then I may not be able to help as much as I'd like with anything that involves going down there and shifting stuff. And, of course, it's all eating into the holiday time I was planning to use to relax and recover from the ridiculous amount of stress I've endured on the doomed project, and giving me other stuff to fret over

Oh well, it'll be nice not to have a mortgage to bother about any more so I suppose it'll be worth it in the end

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Wedding anniversary done. The WifeTM loves the painting.

TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The afternoon turned out to be quite sunny.

Received a call from the agency about that job I was trying not get my hopes up over. So, the client is happy with the CVs they were sent for all the roles they have. They decided that the role I'm up for needs to be reworked to focus on the element that I'm the least strong in, due to the time since doing that sort of work, so I suspect that will now be me out of the running. However, there is a call tomorrow lunchtime that will decide next steps for all applications so the rejection won't come until the afternoon.

Annoyingly, HWMBO had suggested I change the order of gigs on my CV to reflect relevance to the role, rather than chronological order, but this was rejected by the agent. If it had been accepted then the first experience the client would have seen was evidence of me doing the very thing they're now making more important. Now it's on page two.

Just goes to show that these CV tweaking advisors, who sell their snake oil by touting alternative layouts and order of experience, are talking a load of old nonsense.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The afternoon turned out to be quite sunny.

Received a call from the agency about that job I was trying not get my hopes up over. So, the client is happy with the CVs they were sent for all the roles they have. They decided that the role I'm up for needs to be reworked to focus on the element that I'm the least strong in, due to the time since doing that sort of work, so I suspect that will now be me out of the running. However, there is a call tomorrow lunchtime that will decide next steps for all applications so the rejection won't come until the afternoon.

Annoyingly, HWMBO had suggested I change the order of gigs on my CV to reflect relevance to the role, rather than chronological order, but this was rejected by the agent. If it had been accepted then the first experience the client would have seen was evidence of me doing the very thing they're now making more important. Now it's on page two.

Just goes to show that these CV tweaking advisors, who sell their snake oil by touting alternative layouts and order of experience, are talking a load of old nonsense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X