• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet. Hammering down earlier. The river is looking rather full. And it's almost low tide.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

981 mBar, 28.9689 in Hg, 735.8 Torr, 14.228 psi, (down from 993 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of August 2019 there was discussion of appearances on streetview, one and a half films with that Clinton Eastwood were watched, and Ginsters supplied my lunch.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 09:11.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Got soaked to the skin on our walk earlier - a torrential downpour blew through for 20 minutes.
    Now drying off as the weather improves.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Proper chips or oven chips?
    Just oven chips this time. The deep fat fryer needs a service, which I really must get around to doing soon

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start again, and actually getting darker than it was when I got up. I was going to say that at least it's not raining, but it's expected to start about now and continue for the rest of the day. Rather breezy too. It's mild enough, at 9°C - but that's the high for the day, heading down to 5° by teatime and colder still overnight. The barometers are well down at 970/978mB

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tea has been a pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by a new episode of Traffic Cops
    Proper chips or oven chips?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Later viewing was part two of The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth. I get why NASA has very rigid, data-driven procedures, but some of the stuff in here looked a lot more like managers not wanting to stick their heads above the parapet

Early(ish) night now in the hope that the lurgy dies back a bit overnight

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by a new episode of Traffic Cops

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Project meeting has been had, and Max produced a good plan, which I filed in the red filing cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Got a wierd call, probably from scammer, that somebody had been arrested and had given them my name and address. Can't see how scam is involved as they did not ask for any details, not that I would have given them anyway.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Group walk this morning. Very wet. All old ladies as usual. Where have all the blokes gone?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Heinz chicken soup with seedy bloomer toast

Still rather lurgified. Headache is just about under control with paracetamol, and although I had a 38°C temperature for a bit yesterday evening, it's down nearer 37° now. Feeling very tired though

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Well, after not going to a site for almost 2 years, been asked today to do a visit next week.
    Off to Italy for a few days.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Raining. Windy. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a high of 12 expected. Rain due to continue until lunchtime, turning intermittent and possibly even stopping early evening. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Yea olde jalopy has been dropped off at the garage to see if they can fathom why it's taken to misting up. My brother reckons it could be the condenser or the pump for the air conditioning system.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Windy.

Very wet.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1000.5 mBar, 29.5547 in Hg, 750.436 Torr, 14.511 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of August 2019 it was still described as "Summery" in summary.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about POA and faulty computers from Currys.

Freecell score: 87%, running average: 86%.

Canadian customs thing: more septics with guns, all legal for a change. The usual turnarounds for DUI etc. A robber returned from septicland after 2 years to answer a warrant for arrest.

Oz Customs: chinese "food" again. Some of the food has chitin, as in beetles, apparently one boils it up with other "medicine" and feeds it to babies. No wonder their population is decreasing. . Woman bringing in 10 vials of human growth hormone, who knew that was a thing? WTF? UK resident of Sudanese origin off on his hols, 3 months in Sudan, then attempting to have 2.5 months in Oz: meanwhile we are paying benefits to his wife & two children here: back on the plane with the waster. Obviously a great contributor to GNP. .

Late afternoon walk walked: abbreviated due to a previously unencountered overflow of the leat. Turned back & retraced my steps since I didn't want wet feet.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> More bollox on Yesterday: the Taunton Halt Line.

UFO Hunters on Blaze. <click>

Dan Do.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Chap with discoid eczema: steroid cream and some injection or other. Woman with a recalcitrant lipoma which doesn't want to leave. Got a seroma after the surgery. Woman with a combination of rosacea and seb dermatitis.

Dr Pimple Popper. Chap with a bump on his thigh near his buttock that makes taking a crap somewhat difficult. Woman with a big cyst on her forehead. Loved the bright yellow facemask goop the good Dr endured.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 23:06.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Filthy out, but still managed a 5km walk. Now stripped down and in my schlompers, hoping there isn't a stand up call later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X