• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture rewatch was Train to Busan Presents: Peninsula (2020) which is very good

And then another episode of The West Wing, being the first one about the big block of cheese.

Early night now; maybe I'll get some stuff done tomorrow. We shall see

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    My brother washed my car for me.

We talked about arrangements. Mum got a bit overwhelmed but is otherwise putting a very brave face on things. I'm trying to figure out what to do with Dad's will and whether we have anything official to do as it all goes to Mum. Will call the solicitor on Monday and find out how much old rope costs this week.

I took meter readings. Will attempt submission tomorrow.

Good drive home, nice and clear all the way. Probably picked up a speeding ticket as a result.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    New series of men who are very good at putting on make up.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Speaking of going places, I'm going to the chip shop
    Very nice too

I have a new upstairs neighbour, it seems. I heard some movement up there earlier today, and lights are on. They haven't picked up the two water rate bills addressed "To the occupier" of their flat that have been awaiting them in the hall

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Speaking of going places, I'm going to the chip shop

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh. Thinking of withdrawing into my compost heap.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Day at beach at Rottingdean was nice. Very windy but quite warm & sunny. Only downside was the traveling. Impossible to go anywhere these days without long traffic jams and diversions.
    I've cured that problem.

I don't go anywhere.

Other than Tesco, Morrisons, Wilko, and if needs be, B&M.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Day at beach at Rottingdean was nice. Very windy but quite warm & sunny. Only downside was the traveling. Impossible to go anywhere these days without long traffic jams and diversions.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mundane laundry has been done and draped

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thing on the telly now about snow leopards eating mountain goats

Before that there was something about a bunch of obstreperous macaques that live on an island somewhere. And before that it was the orangutan school, and the New Zealand wildlife rescuers

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Afternoon.

This morning I thought I would go and get gardening supplies. So I jumped in my car and was at the garden centre 15 minutes after it opened. I got some soil which I will use to sort out the grass. I saw some bulbs and brought some but the choice wasn't that good.

So I drove to a supermarket where I knew they would have better choice. They did. Some old man decided to stand behind my car in the car park and beg with a sign. I honked and he moved.

On the way back I realised my tank was less than half full and seeing a petrol station with 159p I thought I would fill up. However that petrol station was clearly running out of fuel and people were queuing for the two pumps that were working, so I went to the next one. It happened to be the same price and I didn't have to queue.

Then I decided to drive home. I got stuck in traffic because of the bloody rail strike.

Did some gardening.

And now doing nothing.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Sunny spells out and quite mild at 18°C, while the barometers are unchanged at 999/1007mB

Energy bill came through, based on yesterday's readings. They've been underestimating quite a bit, so it's a good thing I'm getting to pay it off at the old rate, I suppose

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

judging by your posts, mumsnet should be much more exciting, that's for sure
    And yet you're still here. Take the hint.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

This is TPD.

We don't do that sort of crap in here.

Kindly feck off somewhere else.

Mumsnet should suit.
    judging by your posts, mumsnet should be much more exciting, that's for sure

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Sussex eh? Hope you dont bump into a ghastly old git. I'm off to Rottingdean, near Brighton, with loony lady 1 later. Supposed to be about 18 degrees.
    Last edited by xoggoth; Yesterday, 09:03.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X