• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The car earlier was a Mazda MX5, but one with a turbo that they didn't make many of because the factory burned down. And the opal hunters weren't really doing anything out of the ordinary this time.

But I finished off Nevil Shute's The Rainbow and the Rose, one of his I've never read before. It's OK, but not one of his great ones, which is presumably why, when I bought it a few years ago, I could afford what turns out to be a first edition, with dust jacket (faded on the spine)

Then some of the motorway programme whilst dining, after which I started re-reading The Death of Grass, being in the mood for something a bit apocalyptic

Very, very tired again, and have been since this afternoon. This covid stuff doesn't let up. But I had to wait until now to get to sleep so I could take the last amoxicillin of the day at the correct time

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I watched the film a Belfast story which basically confirmed the reality most people just want peace. V good.

Tomorrow breakfast is soda bread with a full Irish as experienced in Belfast 30 years ago.

now watching "the Journey"
    I haven't watched A Belfast Story yet, but I thought The Journey was very good

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Breakfast Basa chilli kedgeree - definitely yum

Lunch polish herring with baked potato

dinner Salmon with new potatoes and brocoli

I watched the film a Belfast story which basically confirmed the reality most people just want peace. V good.

Tomorrow breakfast is soda bread with a full Irish as experienced in Belfast 30 years ago.

now watching "the Journey"

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I seem to have done too good a job of emptying the fridge freezer so dinner has been random stuff foraged from the back of cupboards.

Ents has been The Savoy on ITV, watching Gordon Ramsay swear a lot about his new seafood restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been roast gammon with chips, fried eggs and beans

I'm pleased to report that my perceptions of vinegar seem to be almost back to normal now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch. It seems so long ago, though it was quite late because of meetings. Heinz chicken soup with bloomer toast

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull and damp with some light showers. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Showers due to continue this morning and ought to stop around lunchtime. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Damply dry.

Sometimes sunnyish.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 18.7 deg.

1006 mBar, 27.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (down from 1007 last night), 71% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

More weird dreams.

Oh look: it's raining again.

Walk (alternate route) walked in the intermittent drizzle.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, yellow corner yog, another yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y.

Freecell score: 100% (of 7), running average 85%

More minor labelling up & potching around in the garage. The pint pot seems to be turning into a better fit for the quart.

Tea: lamb's liver and bacon with onion gravy, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Humphrey Bogart. What dreams are made of.

Farscape S3 E22 "Dog with two bones". It's always weird when someone turns up who you've never seen before. .

Wheeler Dealers S16 E1 2004 Mazda MX-5 Mazdaspeed. Currently muted due to the presence of Motor Mouth.

It's amazing how much easier some of these jobs are with a 4 post lift and £20k of tools.

Nice bit of TIG welding. Who knew there was a blowoff valve silencer? Well there is now.

Phantom Signals on Blaze. More UFO bollox.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 18:29.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rainy overnight, which was supposed to continue into today but it's gone rather sunny instead. currently 15°C with 21° on the cards, and the barometers are back down a little at 1003/1010mB

It feels like maybe the toothache is finally being brought under control. We shall see…

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    After the garden got a good watering overnight, it's blue skies now.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Loony lady 3 today, loony lady 2 tomorrow. Bit over loony ladied.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Star trek stylee
    ommm

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Star trek stylee

Leave a comment:

• vetran