• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    In the Chinese

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Dinner is from Tasty Korea. Quite zingy!

Introducing HWMBO to Trucking Hell...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bag of assorted shirts washed. It includes a couple of reputable ones, which I suppose will come in handy should the worst happen and I have to go down to London and work in person at the ministry

Though for all I know they don't actually work in the ministry in normal times. Maybe they're in one of the innumerable office buildings the government has scattered around the capital. Anyway, I daresay they expect something more than t-shirt and jeans, though admittedly my knowledge of Civil Service dress codes comes primarily from watching Yes, Minister and The Thick of It

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    While the forecast was 15C, it felt considerably warmer in the sun when I walked to meet wifey from work.

Was prompted to contact the guy who helped me navigate a decent payoff back in 2004 when I was perceived a threat to my boss's boss's boss's wife consultancy business (working in the same organisation... corruption is not dead). He confirmed many of my the suspicions I'd had at the time.

Dinner is homemade pizza. Either heat concentrate chilli or I've put too much on. I've eaten half of it and my mouth is seriously burning....I'm scared... BEST PIZZA EVER!!!!!

Currently watching a repeat of celebrity catchphrase we've not seen before. I assume it's a repeat - they're awfully close together.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I think there may have been some rain as I saw people walking past with umbrellas up earlier. However, I can't say I noticed much and the ground is only mildly moist looking now I've looked out of the window.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Looks like I've made an £8 profit on the Grand National with Burrows Saint placing fourth
    Correction, £4. I'm rubbish at working out odds

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Looks like I've made an £8 profit on the Grand National with Burrows Saint placing fourth

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sky's clearing a bit and it's turning sunny out

There's a flagpole outside the secondary portion of the carpet shop over the road; I'm not sure it's ever had a flag on it before. But it's got a Union Flag at half-mast on it now

I've got a very vague inkling that they might have done the same thing for the Queen Mother, but I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Today feels like a Sunday.

It's still grey and overcast out and the forecast says it's almost certain to start raining soon.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Another grey day here, peaking now at 7°C, 1004/1012mB; but at least it's dry

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    My heat alarm is beeping.

So I got the ladder out, changed the battery and it was still beeping.

I looked at the battery packaging and it's 3 years out of date, so I have had to buy new fecking batteries from Amazon.

And there is nothing decent to watch on telly.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I forgot to add the link to the video:
    https://youtu.be/7IBuCZPId-E

Can't see how to edit posts on the mobile web version

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dry and cloudy out. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 8 later. It was previously forecast to rain all day but that's now been revised to a moderate chance from 4pm onwards.

The cook at home restaurant meal from Jeremy Chan was very good (instructional video here for anyone who wants an hour off from watching Phil's life on repeat).

HWMBO has just described what we're having for brunch - essentially left overs but avocado, eggs, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms and a fresh baked baguette all sound good to me.

Last but not least, today's Kantar diary fact:
    Tubular steel golf club shafts approved for championship play 1924

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

CBS.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 16.2 deg.

Dryish side of not very damp.

1012.5 mBar, 29.9 in Hg, 53% RH.

Saturday judging by the wireless, though, at the moment, it all seems to be the same.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, during which it was very cold to start, less cold when I'd warmed up a bit, then cold again on the way home.

And aside from that, I met someone I was in skool with half a century ago.

He, like Strangelove Sis, is still working part time, unlike me.

The CBS disappeared behind large white fluffy clouds.

Lunch: Heinz Tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly on crust of same, plus bramble jelly on 2 x Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Hardly entertainment but: A 41 gun salute.

Now Police Interceptors S17 (so I haven't seen it before) set, as usual, in the northern caliphate.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 93% (out of 16), running average: 84% (83.77%).

Raining.

Cold.

Sunless.

Bored now.

Can't decide what to have for lunch tomorrow.

<hiatus>

Pissing down now.

I've put the heating on since it's now 16:15.

That fecking chimney is great at sucking a tremendous draught under the living room door.

Tea: spag bol (fiery), some mango segments (tinned), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The next book is full of terms like "reify" and "saltation" that I have to keep looking up.

Very annoying.

However it was, according to the preface, rit on a Trash80 which does date it somewhat, its copyright being 1985.

I wonder if I spotted that when I bought it way back when.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 17:01.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I did remember to make the bed

I did so while tea was reheating/cooking, said meal being the remaining brown meat portions of the Big Chicken (along with a little white meat and the rest of the skin), dished up with chips and red sauce

Though admittedly that's two days in a row of some kind of chicken with chips and red sauce. I need to pay more attention to meal planning and use-by dates

Anyway, with that all sorted, I dithered for a while over entertainment, watching about thirty minutes each of two different films, the first of which was too slow for my mood, the second too much of a rip-off of a much better film. So I ended up just rewatching A Quiet Place (2018), which is very good and I haven't watched it in a while longer than Passengers (2016), which I watched very recently but so what; I like the special effects

And then more starting from a bad place and watching helplessly as it gets inexorably worse for all involved, even those who think they're winning: yes, it's The Shield S2E11, Inferno (TV Episode 2003) in which bad things happen to bad people, good people, people who just happen to be around… anybody really; that's the beauty of it

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X