• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been Harissa Lamb Tagine (Sainsbury's pre-digested range) with chunky chips and peas. Very nice, though another where I'm tempted to find a recipe and make it myself next time

To accompany this, the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Just seems to be a lot of foreigners in boats so far

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Finished the week by finding a bug in another team's code, which has been there without them noticing since March

Unfortunately, it's also my problem as it's in data they send to another service, and my thing gets in the middle and converts that data into a different form suitable for sending to yet another service. So if they send invalid data, my thing falls over and gets the blame

I'm waiting until Monday to raise it with them. Either they fix it, or my thing has to accommodate their bug in some way. I think we'll easily win any argument over which it'll be, as we can just point to where their data is ending up and show that it's having additional consequences there, which they would have noticed if they monitored their stuff as they're supposed to

But for now: let the weekend commence!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

While I was preparing those, four magpies showed up on the lawn, which is quite unusual - they usually come in couples or singly. Initially it looked like the two pairs were going to ignore each other and get on with pecking whatever it is they peck down there, but before long the situation had degenerated into territorial chivvying, until in the end the bigger ones chased the slightly smaller ones away

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    UEFA Football Championship, Wimbledon and now bleedin' Olympics. Boring! Think I'll migrate to Brazil, summit worth watching there.

Miss Bumbum - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Cloudy with some sun trying to poke through. Dry. Currently 22 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up a snifter to 1011 mBar.

Hung over this morning so having a slow start to the day. HWMBO and I met one of his friends for cocktails and dinner yesterday and had a very marvellous time.

ClientCo have paid my last invoice.

Need to figure out if I can learn enough about Dynamics 365 to spoon it into my CV and blag a BA role.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

TFIF, etc.

Blue skies and pleasant out. A little cool at the start of our walk (12C), but at least I didn't come back dripping in sweat.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Dry.

Cool in here at 20 deg, 21.5 in the kitchen, 19 in the leanto, 16.4 in the salting house.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 1004 last night), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Meanwhile on the 25th of October 2019 NF was debating the whys and wherefores of his trip to Brighton for the conference: rail or road, road or rail, with Brillo chipping in on the cost of railfares to & from north Wales.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in wan sunshine, during which I managed to see the vandalism on the Gnoll Memorial Gates:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/despicable...125633813.html

Presumably the same pikey scum who stole the lead off the keeper's cottage by the fishpond.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: something whittering on about the sea, fishing, etc.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned: airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Cottons requiring the iRon in off the line & airing upstairs.

Entertainment during the above: The Infinite Monkey Cage S22: When the monkeys met the chimps. Jane Goodall.

The Mentalist S2 E17, E18, E19, E20.

Tea: soup etc.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:01.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start which is expected to do that thing of turning cloudy this morning, then back to sunny again in the evening. It's 14°C and only expected to reach 21°, which is relatively cool compared to some recent days, while the barometers is about the same at 998/1005mB

Most importantly: Friday!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's only viewing was an old Police Interceptors

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Your comment about the state of the market prompted me to do a quick JobServe search for what I'm doing at the moment (Django). The top result was with the same ClientGov department that I'm currently working with, via the same agency! So either they're looking to replace me, or there's plenty more work to be done and I should be OK to stay on for a while
    It's definitely a "stick with it" market if you have a gig

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh, my boring Sainsburies shop day too. At least they had raspberries this time.
    I got some strawberries that look very nice. Might have some of them in a bit

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been the latest episode in my ongoing search for a ready meal that's actually nice rather than just adequate. This time the star was pork & cider hotpot, which wasn't too bad actually. I neglected to pay attention to the small print and missed the fact that it also contained kale, but there wasn't too much of that and it was fairly easy to pick out and throw away. I think it would have tasted even better without that contamination, but it was nice enough that I'll hunt down a recipe (sans kale) and try making it myself

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh, my boring Sainsburies shop day too. At least they had raspberries this time.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Being a bit stuck waiting for somebody else to send me some info, and also generally being lacking in enthusiasm for this particular project, I knocked off a little early today and went to not-as-big-but-closer Sainsbury's before the rush hour kicked in. So that's one less thing to bother about

Leave a comment:

Working...
X