• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Hot out.

HWMBO used up the last of the pizza dough in his quest for the perfect product on the BBQ. It's been hell having to try them. This evening he's doing rotisserie chicken. Currently the BBQ is being used to cook off veg as it cools down from the pizza making.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a couple of ham cobs with a bag of crisps, which is just the thing for this unpleasantly hot weather

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Wot? No XR2? .
    My apologies: for the record, the car last night was a Ford Fiesta XR2 Mk.I; currently SORN but has an MOT until next March

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Low tide is in about an hour, so we (The DogTW , The WifeTM, and I) went for an early walk along the beach. Almost deserted, apart from dogs swimming and dog owners paddling or throwing balls into the crystal clear warm waters of the bay.

Nice way to start the day.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky with occasional bits of fluff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Barometer up to 1028 mBar.

Had a fun evening out yesterday. HWMBO and I travelled to Reading for dinner and cocktails with the lovely MS. Getting home was a challenge and a half. There was a trackside fire around Slough so all trains stopped for hours and we finally got home at 01:10 by getting a train to Paddington and then a taxi back to Ealing.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Yet another old 24 Hours in A&E with dinner

And then the opal miners, who had their usual mixture of luck
    Wot? No XR2? .

Morning.

Dry. Oh so very dry.

Sunny. Very very sunny.

A sky so blue.

Not so cool as yesterday at 20.1 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.268 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (up from 1023 last night), 70% RH.

Tuesday apparently.

Whereas back in the 25th of November 2018 I was stressing about finding the "Ebenezer" dvd whilst NF had found some gingernut biscuits he'd forgotten about.

While in Real Time, on "The Long View", the incompetent blustering fool Bunter, the fat owl of the remove, is shouting his unpleasant lying mouth off, as per usual.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Seemed a bit close today.

TV Times purchased. Was amazed to see that the Radio Times is now £3.80. WTF would pay that? I wonder how my graph of the price of RT against time looks now.

The slope became a lot steeper once the BBC sold it off. The increases of 3p and 5p suddenly became 10p and 20p and much more regular.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans (well it keeps I regular, like, and is actually less windy than yesterday's effort), a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Today saw the Final Cup of Nescafe Blend 37 Coffee as left to me by Strangelove Pater: BBE 04/2016.

How I'll cope without the caffeine fix is anyone's guess.

The XR2 thing led to an extended perusal of Pistonheads.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 13:39.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

I had a very unsettled night's sleep, which I think was due to the bedroom being too hot for any covers, yet not hot enough for no covers. So I was constantly waking up to either push them away or pull them back, all while plagued by quite vivid but not very pleasant dreams, none of which I can remember now so I don't even get an Oscar-winning movie script out of the deal

It's starting sunny again out there, albeit filtered very slightly by high-level haze. Already up to 18°C with 29° on the cards; the barometers are up a bit at 1022/1030mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Yet another old 24 Hours in A&E with dinner

And then the opal miners, who had their usual mixture of luck

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a roast Big Chicken dinner, and was exceedingly nice

Feels like it's been a while since I had one those. Probably not that long really though

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch was chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread

Very Simpsonesque out but also a bit warmer than there's any need for it to be

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    pali
    Nice pali!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's too hot.

HMWBO is cooking lunch on the BBQ.

Another pointless UX Research session sat in on. Once again they managed to select someone who had not used the part of the product in question and give them the impression that we would be talking about a different part of the system.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    29oC out, and a slightly more bearable 23 inside.

The DogTW is snoring under my desk. When she was younger, she didn't snore for long as it tended to wake her up. Now that she can't hear much, I have to suffer with he background noise. Makes for interesting Teams meetings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X