• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    WTF! My solid Labour constituency has fallen to an independent! I had a leaflet through the door from him in the first week, and even had a look at his website, but dismissed him out of hand - and he's got a majority of nearly a thousand!
    As foretold by "The Second Sleep". .

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dreary.

Damp.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.533 psi, (down from 1006 last night), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of October 2019 it was raining old women & sticks, so I took the opportunity for a nice bonfire to get rid of some garden waste & some chicken & duck bones, NF related the fate of some radio station in Bristol where he'd previously worked, whereas I related the demise of a place in Bristol where I'd worked, followed by xogg relating that he'd worked at Filton for a while, and northernladuk asked about what to do about someone sitting in your booked seat on a train who refuses to move: it's obviously Justifiable Homicide. .

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:00.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Lucky with Wordle, my first geuss was just one letter out. Not sure what to do today or next few days, ll1 still in US and not sure I can put up with ll3 anymore. Wanted to get on with doing garden but it's raining. Need a brothel in the village.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Drizzling earlier, I blame the Labour Government.

Walk was curtailed, not due to rain, but due to a late night making it more difficult to get out of bed this morning.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Wales is now free of Tories, though so are a lot of places

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    It’s been a weird election night.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    WTF! My solid Labour constituency has fallen to an independent! I had a leaflet through the door from him in the first week, and even had a look at his website, but dismissed him out of hand - and he's got a majority of nearly a thousand!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a Sainsbury's microwave chicken chow mein, and I can assure the Chinese takeaways of this world that they have nothing to fear from that particular form of competition

Meanwhile at ClientGov, a call has gone out on Teams asking people to come into the main office tomorrow if they can. Turns out there's a possibility a new minister could be appointed by mid-afternoon, and there's a tradition of the staff lining the corridors to "clap them in". Of course, almost nobody works in the office all week any more, and not many people at all go in on a Friday. So I gather they're worried that the new Secretary of State will turn up to be greeted by a few security guards, a cleaner, and the cat

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Out has been popped to, specifically, Lesser Sainsbury's as I didn't really need much. However, I had good Nectar prices available to me on a number of non-perishable or long-lived items that I buy fairly regularly, so I was able to stock up on those and save a few quid

Nice sunny evening out, though with quite a lot of cumulus floating around. The wind is still there but has settled down quite a bit compared to earlier

Suppose I'd better make the bed, then sort my tea out - though the latter will be easy as I decided I couldn't be bothered cooking and got a ready meal

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    That's me done for the week!

Need to pop out and do some shopping, once the rush hour has had a chance to subside

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A developer has created a flat file for me that then goes to another system. It's a .txt file. A flat file, no commas, no delimiters, all data is aligned to be in a particular location on each line.

The other system is managed by one of Murthy's finest.
    He has complained that one of the "fields" is formatted as a number.

New one on me that a flat text file contains formatting for characters in particular locations.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Let's see if this works...
    it's a yap'n'crap.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Let's see if this works...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The mattress is airing, as I feel that my efforts to eject the government this morning should be rewarded by clean sheets at such time as I finally get around to going to bed tonight

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Polling station visited, duty done

I had a brief moment of confusion when I couldn't find my ID in my wallet. Turned out it was still in my coat pocket from the last election

Anyway, it's quite nice out, though already very breezy. Now to have my cob reward

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    My civic duty was done via post before I moved house for a constituency I no longer live in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X