• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Took an early lunch break and went to Big Sainsbury's, so the new Viz has been secured, along with more mundane groceries

Lunch was a couple of garlic & herb chicken thighs from the tepid food counter. Not had those ones before and they're rather nice

It clouded over for a bit but thinned out again so it's sunny out, albeit filtered a little by a high haze

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The reason for the low flights, Xog, was probably to avoid thunderclouds
    Good point LM, but they seem to have been be lower for some time. Seem quite slow too. Maybe I'm hallucinating. Anyway put that flight radar thing in my favourites. PS just noticed it's favorites in Edge, why can't those yanks learn to spell?
    Last edited by xoggoth; Today, 08:12.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warm in here at 22.9 deg, 24.5 deg in the kitchen, 22.5 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (down from 1006 and a tad last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 27th of October 2019 LM was watching TV, NF had a roast beef dinner, sales of M&S haddock were remarked upon, as was the ex German submariner I worked with in 3M back in the 70s, one of the 20% who survived.

Shopping trip to Aldi and Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Much cooler out there today though I did raise a sweat on the way back.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: someone waffling on about climate change. TWATO.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:02.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy. Humid. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 28 expected. Weather app says it's foggy. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1012 mBar.

There was some rain early yesterday evening and I saw one flash of what might have been lightening. Horrible, sticky nights sleep.

The reason for the low flights, Xog, was probably to avoid thunderclouds. Heathrow was on easterlies yesterday and departing aircraft were taking off over my house well after the airport was supposed to be shut. I complained on twitter, as is my right.

Up early to drive down to Mum and take her to the doctor's for a B12 jab.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    TFIF, etc.
    Found out a hilarious reason for a project go live date, but I suspect that some on here will be working on said project, or will be working for companies that are working on it, so I'm saying nothing.

About to buy a new lawn mower.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    This CBT-I stuff ain't helping me insomnia at all and bleedin' tired yesterday, so only went for short walk in town before boring shopping. Nicer than I imagined. On map looked like a boring track between houses but was actually a path overlooking a stream at the bottom of a steep gulley with trees on both sides so you'd never know you were in a town at all. There's a lot of nice places in the towns round here.

Not sure what's going on with flight paths from Gatwick, some planes seem much lower down recently. Almost worried they'll bonk me chimney.

PS Ain't finished reading me Viz yet.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start, with a high haze that her and there can be just about discerned to be agglomerating into clouds. This process will become more apparent during the morning, finally making the transition to "cloudy" after lunch. Currently 17°C with 25° expected later, while the barometers are ever so slightly down at 1000/1008mB

Friday!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Telly earlier was, with my usual lack of energy or motivation to find anything else, an old Police Interceptors

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Just had huge downpour and some serious thunder here, disconnected the phone line and aerial temporaily. Had things damaged before.
    PS VIZ!!!
    Our storm wasn't very big on the son et lumiere, but the downpour was absolutely torrential! I had to rush through to close the windows in the bedroom, as it was slanting towards that side of the building and splashing through them - good job it's still so warm that it's all dried up now

I saw the Viz people's tweet about the new issue earlier on, so I'll have to go to Big Sainsbury's tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thunderstorm!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Just had huge downpour and some serious thunder here, disconnected the phone line and aerial temporaily. Had things damaged before.
    PS VIZ!!!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: lamb steaks with chips, peas and gravy

The lightning map is showing some activity about ten or fifteen miles to both the southwest and east, so maybe it'll meet in the middle

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Invitation arrived by email to the AGM of the limited company that owns our exclusive residential development, of which I own one share. They didn't have an AGM last year for some reason. Looking forward to hearing that the path behind Block B still hasn't been fixed, and other such scintillating news

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pâté on toast

Rather Simpsonesque out there now the overcast and drizzle has moved on

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, blue sky, wispy fluff here and there. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 28 expected. Some chance of rain with thunderstorms from about 4pm onwards. Barometer down a bit to 1012 mBar.

Yesterday evening HWMBO and I went to visit friends who live a 15 minute walk away. They fed us a very delicious dinner and then we waddled back home again.

There was a note left on my car at some point yesterday asking me to refrain from parking there because some contractors for the council needed to clean the gulleys. As I noticed this note at 11pm after a drink, I didn't move my car. On getting up this morning, I noticed they had already been and cleared what they could, working around the cars that hadn't moved. No parking fines issued to the cars that didn't move.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X