• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Told ClientGov I won't be in on Friday 5th July

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Here's a thing I learned today. The first three numbers on a diplomatic license plate means something:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tration_plates

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    'Afternoon all.

Poppin' in to doff my cap and scrounge some gen from the assembled masses.

Been a while. Hope all well. Will pop back soonish... I know; you can't wait.

Laters...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

When I cooked these cutlets the other night, I sprinkled some harissa spice on them, mainly because I was wondering if that would go well with pork, which it did. I'd forgotten about this, and the added flavour was a very nice surprise when I took my first mouthful

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    'Afternoon all.

Poppin' in to doff my cap and scrounge some gen from the assembled masses.

Been a while. Hope all well. Will pop back soonish... I know; you can't wait.

Laters...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Raining off and on and in varying levels of wetness. At the moment it's that fine 'mizzle' type that looks like nothing but gets you very soggy, very quickly. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

Most effort this morning has been spent on job hunting and flat hunting. The former has been fruitless and the latter has been mostly about what I can compromise on. I have a load of viewings booked in for tomorrow and there's one this lunchtime too.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Damp.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.4 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1004 and a tad mBar, 29.656 in Hg, 753.28 Torr, 14.566 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of October 2019, there were blue skies for LM, whereas WTFH was waiting for the deluge to abate before going for a walk, it was grey for NF, and I managed to walk down to town & back without opening the brolly, while WTFH was caught in a downpour & got his dressings wet.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: Scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>.

TWATO. <click> The thing about China at 13:45.

Veronica Mars S2 E15 "The quick & the wed".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:37.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey and rainy day out, and expected to remain so. Currently 12°C but not getting any higher than 15°, while the barometers are down to 994/1002mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I watched the second part of the cold case thing earlier

And some time was spent mucking around with SceneKit, again

Then, in the continuing mission to have as many books being read at the same time as possible, I started reading Blitzed: Drugs in Nazi Germany by Norman Ohler. Having invented methamphetamine, they then sold it without prescription, including boxes of chocolates containing 14mg of meth each. These were aimed particularly at housewives, who were advised to eat three to nine of them at a go so as to make undertaking the housework easier

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There has been much rain this afternoon and evening. I drove HWMBO to Heathrow as he's taking an extra case up with him filled with my clothes ahead of our holiday at the end of June. Just in case I end up with my life packed in boxed in a storage unit, at least I know I have something to wear in Barbados.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been steak & Hobgoblin stout pie out of the freezer, with chips

And lunch was the last of the Chinese leftover chow mein, quickly stir fried with a bit of extra soy

Rain can be seen approaching on the radar, due to arrive very soon and continue through the night and, it appears, right the way through tomorrow as well

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The billiable work for the day is done so I'm heading home. I have had my hours cut down to 2 days a week from June.
    better than zero days a week but still a bummer.

mind you my last day is tomorrow and this documentation is going to be finished

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The billiable work for the day is done so I'm heading home. I have had my hours cut down to 2 days a week from June.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Woke at 06:15. Gave up. Got up. Played Freecell. Crap. Gave up.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 18.8 deg, 19.5 in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leatto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of September 2019 WTFH got wet on the way home from the pub, NF had ribs & chips for tea, and I watched yet more Jeremiah with a side helping of "The Contractor" with that Wesley Snipes, Lena Headey, and Charles Dance.

Today's enterprise was killing the black mould on the ceiling above the cooker, moving said cooker & cleaning behind & beside it, removing the shelves & pots & pans & washing everything, then forgetting how it all goes back. Even tightened the fixing screws on the top shelf so it doesn't sag any more. (Said shelves are of the "floating" variety. .

Lunch: baked spud etc. Need to eat more spuds before they start growing roots.

Entertainment: TWATO. <click> The thing about those nice CCP people.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. No jacket. Shirt sleeves.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S2 E14 "Versatile Toppings": the gay blackmail one.

Saltinghouse floor mopped out, the water went black. Dunno when I did it last.

Tea: chicken breast, sausage, bacon: that's my meat ration for the week. . Nice enough. Two of the sausage were "Dragon" and ram jam full of chilli.

Entertainment: Thunder and lightning, very very frightening. It's rattling away up there like a good 'un. I've put the light on because it's gone very dark indeed.

Scotland Yard: the one about the fake marriage bureau. With a brief appearance by Ludovic Kennedy in an early role as a news reader.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86%.

Maigret S13 E6 "A shadow in the courtyard (2004)". The chap shot in his office with an empty safe behind him one: another 6.35mm pistol. They seem to like those. Unlike the 1960 UK version we weren't shown the money floating down the Seine.

Bits of "The Outlaw Josey Wales (1975)": specifically bits where he happened to off people who were trying to bounty hunt him. I really like Chief Dan George in that film.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:39.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Despite having had a reasonable night's sleep, I also felt extremely lacklustre today; indeed, although I'm no stranger to that feeling on a Monday morning, my extreme lack of lustre surprised even myself. Maybe it was something in the air today?
    Wait till you get long term insomnia. Been coping with it for a few years now, tried everything, all the tips on Google, online courses, expensive sound therapy machine, small fortunes on so called natural remedies in Holland & Barret. All cr**p.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X