• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    To moderators only
    ^^^^
    Modenium!

(367000)

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    To moderators only

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    One of those things that’s a bit special

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Oh, I just noticed

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 18.4 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1009.5 mBar, 29.81 in Hg, 757.18 Torr, 14.64 psi, (untapped last night), 77% RH (GDR), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of September 2019 DaveB's dog learned that whilst ducks may float, dogs don't, other than that there was discussion of defining 30 light years in km.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:25.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Off on a little jaunt later, involving one of those metal tubes that go through the air.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Amadeus (1984), being one of those films I've somehow managed not to see before in all of the forty years since it came out. It's very good as these things go

And then a rewatch of Yesterday (2019), mainly because I've got 1,858 films on the Apple TV and Apple provide no useful way of looking through them other than from A to Z. It takes quite a while to look through them all when you're not sure what you want to watch next and you start from Amadeus, and by the time I'd got to Y, I just thought "That's fun, I'll watch that again" with the vague sense that otherwise I'd finish up on Zero Dark Thirty, or maybe get into the numerals (for they don't sort by ASCII or Unicode, where numbers come first) and end up on 300 which is excellent, but not where I wanted to be tonight

And then another episode of The Wire

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Accompanied by an episode of Trucking Hell in which Crouch Recovery had to go and rescue an Iceland van that was stuck on a grass verge in Braunstone Lane, which would be one of the vans based at the shop close to my old flat

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The aurora might be back tonight: https://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk/

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Only saw three flats in the end, rather than the four expected, as one had been let between the day the appointment was made and today.

Sadly none were quite right and the search continues.

Much walking done, an estimated distance of 4.1 miles according to Google Maps
    Last edited by ladymuck; Yesterday, 17:46.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Soz, it seems that forum notifications are a thing of the past.
    I need to poke the new sysadmins about that. The email config looks OK to me, so I can only assume the problem lies with their outgoing mail server

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another hectic day

But it ended well, the timesheet has been submitted, and tea is in the oven: let the weekend commence!

In other good news, my Sainsbury's account had somehow been replaced with a new one as part of the Nectar card shenanigans. As the algorithms for awarding bonus points and Nectar prices is based on your shopping history, I'd been left with a wasteland of offers that suit the Average Customer - discounts on stuff I never buy like broccoli, or cheese, or four pints of milk. I'd moaned to them but they said nothing could be done. However, it seems they were wrong for today, everything was back to normal! I now have discounts and bonuses on stuff I buy all the time, with no unwanted vegetables or dairy products

And a towel wash has been done, the drying phase of which will shortly be concluded

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    ladymuck Read your DM's.

I know my restraining order says no but hey ho.
    Soz, it seems that forum notifications are a thing of the past.

Morning all

Sunny and dry. The sky was clearer earlier this morning but there's a more fluff hanging about now. Currently 21 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer is up to 1012 mBar.

There's laundry in the WM, which will go out on the line soon.

This morning has been spent job hunting and I have four flat viewings this afternoon. Although I grumble about having to do part time, it has meant I have more time to find somewhere to live.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    ladymuck Read your DM's.

I know my restraining order says no but hey ho.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X