• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Telly tonight was a very old episode of Police Interceptors - circa 2012

And there has been further tinkering with Swift and SpriteKit

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Someone will hack the app and use your mower to carve crop circles in the local farmers' fields
    Sounds like a good reason to use the app to me

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Someone will hack the app and use your mower to carve crop circles in the local farmers' fields

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: sweet and sour pork and fried rice

My homemade version may not be as good as from the Chinese, but it's nice enough and it makes a change

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Oh, and pile of instruction manuals that total 7cm high when stacked on top of each other.
    The pile of manuals has been whittled down from 28 different languages to 4, English, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
    Page 17 of the English version, and we're not allowed to start the mower yet, but have to download the app.

If I register an account, does this mean Big Lawnmower will monitor my every move? Are they linked to Big Pharma? Will my mower only work in future if I've had all my Covid jabs? Anyone got a 7 3/8ths tinfoil hat?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    A towel wash was done, draped over airers and put outside.

Moments later, the wind got up and it came over all dark so the airer was brought inside.

It didn't rain but I've left it indoors anyway.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a Pukka steak slice

Cloudy and windy out now, as it was foretold

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    New mower has arrived.
    It's bigger, faster, more manoeuvrable, better colour scheme (Orange/Grey rather than Red/Black), and they even delivered it with half a tank of petrol.
    Oh, and pile of instruction manuals that total 7cm high when stacked on top of each other.

There's a little bit of drizzle in the air, so I've parked it up in the mower garage.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky with lumps of fluff. A gentle breeze. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 22 forecast. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Just had a very delicious bacon sandwich with the bread fried in the bacon fat, as is right and proper.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Was dry: now raining.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Black side of grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1005.5 mBar, 29.692 in Hg, 754.18 Torr, 14.583 psi, (up from 1004.5 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile onthe 30th of October 2019 WTFH had a phone call from a pimp, NF found it sunny but chilly, and recalled the days when the phone used to ring off the hook with keen & enthusiastic pimps ringing me up. .

Odd dream this morning: something to do with being a POW in the jungle in 1945 and bulldozers falling into sinkholes or something. Quite peculiar. Haven't even been watching World at War to inspire it.

Raining.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked very slowly due to being knackered.

Raining again so I timed that right.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about booking.com whatever the feck that is.

TWATO.

The asbestos talc thing at 13:45.

More cleaning of the junk room. Found some old paper to throw away.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S5 E7, E8.

Tea: the rest of the tinned chilli: still meh but less so due to added chilli powder.

Entertainment: PM <click>

The Mentalist S5 E9, E10, E11. There's someone in this lot that resembles the Chief Autist in many ways. .

Enough of that for today: read book instead.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:10.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    The dark clouds from a couple of hours ago that were threatening to move this way have chosen a more northerly route, and so we are back to CBS.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Bright start but it seems it's already starting to cloud over, as it did yesterday. It's expected to get quite windy later too. Currently at 14°C and only reaching 21° for a little while in late afternoon. The barometers are up a little at 998/1006mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No further telly, or indeed ornithology, this evening. But I managed to make some good progress on the SpriteKit stuff I've been playing around with. Now at the point where I need to start drawing boxes on a bit of paper and turning things into binary so I can implement a level map efficiently

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: sausages (pork and apple) with chips and beans

Accompanied by the latest episode of Secrets of the London Underground with bits about the Ruislip Engineering Depot and Warren Street station, and some other stuff

Just saw six magpies down on the lawn. With a little observation, it became clear that four of them were juveniles and two were adults, so probably a family training session. They were all fairly near to each other, but seemed to have divvied it up as one adult to two juveniles.

One of the young ones grabbed a rose from the flowerbed (not sure if it plucked it from the plant) and took it on to the lawn at the edge of the flowerbed where it started pulling it to bits and pecking at the centre as its sibling circled round it trying to get a bit. Then the adult with those two chivvied them both and they all flew off together through the trees along the road. One of the remaining juveniles then found the rose by the flowerbed, picked it up, and went hopping around among the rose bushes with it in its mouth for a bit. Eventually, the remaining adult chivvied it and its sibling until they both flew into a tree by the gate, where the adult followed them a few moments later.

Not sure what the lesson being imparted to the young ones was, but it seemed to be along the lines of "Don't pick the flowers, and don't go hopping around with a rose in your mouth"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X