• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Volunteer thing this morning. Wet and rather boring, just snipping bits of brambles. Still, nice wander along a lake.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    After the torrential downpour with light and sound effects, it's turned rather Simpsonesque out there

Lunch has been sausages and bacon in buttered bloomer toast

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thunderstorm!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Put the URL into archive.ph and they'll present a cached version it if they have it or will scrape it if they don't.
    Cheers, I'll give it a go later

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, with a light breeze judging by the way the clouds are drifting along. Neither warm nor cold at 13°C with 15° due for a bit later. Chance of rain soon, too. The barometers are down a bit more at 983/991mB

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Mule (2018) in which Clint Eastwood plays an old man who gets involved in ferrying large quantities of cocaine across the USA for a cartel; based on a true story, it seems, though I don't think I've read the original article and the NY Times has it behind its paywall. Anyway, it's an intriguing story and worth a watch
    Put the URL into archive.ph and they'll present a cached version it if they have it or will scrape it if they don't.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Raining in varying levels of intensity. All of it wet. Possibility of a thunderstorm around noon. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Barometer down to 998 mBar.

Today I will be emptying my old storage unit and moving some of it to the new unit along with additional tat I've accumulated.

I also need to work out the optimal day and time to move my car to the new place. I have another week for that though.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.

Damp.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly side of chilly at 17 deg in here, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto.

994.5 mBar, 29.367 in Hg, 745.9 Torr, 14.424 psi, (down from 996 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of October 2019 I had two eps of S2 of Jeremiah to go, whereas WTFH had improved the security for the chickens & guinea fowl, following which he was off to have his stitches out, NF had view of a mackerel sky, and original PM was avoiding people due to his mood.

"The Mule" resides unwatched in a pile. Dunno if I'll ever get around to watching it.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. It rained on me briefly, but it wasn't taking prisoners whilst it did so.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: The news quiz. Mildly amusing.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:17.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Mule (2018) in which Clint Eastwood plays an old man who gets involved in ferrying large quantities of cocaine across the USA for a cartel; based on a true story, it seems, though I don't think I've read the original article and the NY Times has it behind its paywall. Anyway, it's an intriguing story and worth a watch

And then The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) being part two of the four-part trilogy, as I continue to prepare myself for the prequel. They're really very good, these films; I just hope the new one isn't a let-down when I finally get to it in a few weeks

Finally, a couple of episodes of S4 of The Wire as I've fallen behind on that

My monthly prescription has been re-ordered a couple of weeks before I need it. I have to work out if it's the surgery or the pharmacy that keeps doing this, and stop them. I have my own system for this, and I could do without them meddling

I also need to ask the surgery what the hell is going on with these blood tests. As far as I can tell, they found one abnormal and one normal in the thyroid category, so they said they'd have to do some additional ones. But instead they've done the normal one again (still normal), haven't repeated the abnormal one, and haven't done anything else. Seems like a futile exercise to me, and unlikely to lead to them addressing such symptoms of hypothyroidism as I possibly have

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: ribs in a smokey BBQ sauce and chips

From the supermarket this time, so not as good as the remarkable ones from Chatsworth. But still nice

Turned sunny out there for the evening

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    First election candidate leaflet through the door, from an Independent! Not sure how he expects to bring about world peace and resolve the climate crisis all by himself, those being among his policies. Still, he managed to make it into the building so maybe he has hidden powers

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The jalopy lives to ride another year.

Three advisories that are nothing to worry about.

Hurray!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The jalopy lives to ride another year.

Three advisories that are nothing to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pork chop with apple sauce, in a white bloomer sandwich because Sainsbury's didn't have any wholemeal baps, plus a bag of plain crisps

Bit of rain just before, and looks like there might be more. Quite breezy as well

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Unbilled day today. Spending time with dad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X