• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Hoglet on the cameras tonight

TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another day done, yet apparently I'm supposed to do two more this week!

I managed to get a towel wash done and they're drying now, so at least there's a vague sense of accomplishment from that

Sunny spells out and although it's a bit breezy, we aren't getting the cataclysmic winds the weather app seemed to be hinting at this morning

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

This morning started off cloudy but has brightened up considerably. It's currently 22 degrees and that's the high for the day.

Cat sitting has gone ok so far. I popped (is an hour's drive considered a 'pop'?) home this morning to do a load of laundry and generally faff about. Then drove back this afternoon. Cheekily using my friend's tumble dryer to get things dried faster.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pali!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Pali!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And coming up…

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: salmon baps and a bag of plain crisps

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

They must be keen: they came in £25K below asking, we went back with £10K below, and they've made a final offer of £15K below and are also willing to wait for probate. My sister and I are ready to bite their hands off, but we're waiting for our brother to OK it - he's probably off walking on a moor or something as he does that most days, but I reckon he'll agree with us when he returns to civilisation
    Offer accepted! And it's for a decent bit more than the estate agent thought we'd get too

We'd pitched the price fairly high, on the basis that if it didn't sell we could bring it down, but you can't realistically put it up. And we've found a buyer in just nine days

Even better, it's a family who really like the place and want to make a home out of it. Our parents would be much happier with that than if it had gone to some developer or BTL landlord

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Damp.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 19th of October 2019 I went for a walk up to the res detailing the changes & deaths of friends that have taken place and the resemblance of the tow headed Bunter to The Judge in BTVS, whereas NF was remembering the week in 2008 where he peered down the cleavage of a young lady from the 4th floor, contrasting this with the 2008 week experienced by Diver when he sawed his hand nearly off, and mentioned the unpaid overtime NF worked getting some on line poll up & running for the following Monday in 2008, LM, on the other hand, bought a new battery for the car.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom though I did see my shadow once.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:19.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start out. Apparently it'll continue in much the same vein, but getting windier too. It's already 15°C and is aiming for 19°, with the barometers steady at 997/1005mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all after a bit of a night out, time to drive home

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.7 deg, 19.5 in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.533 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 19th of October 2019 NF was watching "The other Boleyn Girl (2008)" and recalling peering down a lady's cleavage from the 4th floor when he should have been working , whereas it was much fresher in the library due to the absence of the pongy ones of the day before.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & high humidity. Gorilla's armpit weather.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about housing.

Veronica Mars S3 E5.

Tea: chilli con carne (tinned) etc.

Entertainment: PM

Ancient Aliens bollox on Blaze: Skinwalker Ranch.

Scotland Yard: "Night Crossing (1957)" the one with the card sorter to find a Black woman (referred to here as a "Negress") with a scar on her leg. The actual corpse wasn't Black but was a white woman who'd used some sort of tanning stuff.

The Capone Investment: E4. John Thaw doing his thing, along with Wallace (Peter Sallis) doing some sort of Spook thing. Made a change from Last of the Summer Wine I suppose. .

Veronica Mars S3 E6 & E7. Wherein this last our hero nearly loses her hair.

The Body in the Bag: more bollox that will never be cleared up.
    As per usual.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No further telly tonight. Not much reading either - just some bits linked from Twitter

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Two out of three jobs isn't bad. I did the proposal and am cat sitting but I didn't go to the post office.

I may do it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: pork steaks with chips and beans

Accompanied by the latest episode of Secrets of the London Underground, which this week had some stuff about Mail Rail as part of its investigation of the subterranean features of Paddington

Leave a comment:

Working...
X