• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    This evening the filth have had a chopper out and Heathrow has been on easterlies so it's been a right bloody racket out there.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been pork belly slices slow roasted in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, with chips

I was going to make sweet & sour pork and fried rice, but I decided that was too much hassle

This was accompanied by a thing on iPlayer called SAS: Catching the Criminals in which an ex-SAS bloke goes around with the police. Pretty standard drugs raid and some stuff about a bloke getting his motorcycle back because it had a tracker fitted, with incredibly tenuous links to anything related to the armed forces shoehorned in wherever possible, and in the most ridiculous ways. "A dog's nose is as precise as any piece of kit in the military", apparently

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Home again!

And that looks like the last trip to collect stuff; I'll pop down next week to leave my key, and that'll be my final time in the old place

The ironing board ended up coming along for the ride, as there was room once I'd dropped the back seats down to fit other stuff in. I too almost never iron anything; last time was a shirt for the wedding the other week, and I suspect the time before that will have been the same for my Dad's funeral - though that was a new shirt, so it would have just been a case of getting the packaging creases out

I was doubtful about fitting everything in, and once some wire basket trollies that had lived in some cupboards had been squeezed in along with things like an uplighter, it was looking like the TV stand would require another trip. But upon investigation, it proved to be extremely easy to disassemble into its component parts (and, more importantly, will be easy to reassemble) so it made it after all

This meant I ended up with three sheets of glass stacked vertically in the boot which would tip this way and that when cornering, banging into either the metal frames of the trollies or the side of the boot. By the time I was halfway I'd mastered the art of taking roundabouts - of which there are many, especially on the Rushden bypass - with tremendous care, possibly to the annoyance of those behind who wanted to go faster than 10mph. But I made up for it with acceleration on the straights, so they can't complain too much

Once here, the trollies were offloaded into the garage for now. And I managed to get everything else up to the flat, despite increasing objections from my back, except the TV stand. That's out of sight in the boot, laid flat now, so it can stay there until the rather grotty old wooden one, inherited from some old housemates over twenty years ago, can be taken to the tip.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lunch has been a couple of croissants with strawberry jam

This was mainly because they're quick and easy, and I have to head south shortly for the second carload of stuff from the parental home. Looking at the list, I suspect the ironing board may not make it due to lack of room. Oh well, I've got one anyway
    That remind me: I really should get rid of my iron and ironing board. I haven't used them in years. I just hang stuff up as soon as it comes out of the WM and creases cease to be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a couple of croissants with strawberry jam

This was mainly because they're quick and easy, and I have to head south shortly for the second carload of stuff from the parental home. Looking at the list, I suspect the ironing board may not make it due to lack of room. Oh well, I've got one anyway

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all
    Overcast but dry and quite mild.

Tell me why?
    me too, don't like them.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky and wispy fluff again. Chilly overnight but now 17 degrees with a high of 21 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up a smidge to 1026 mBar.

The guttering repair man, who was due at midday, turned up at 10:30 am, did his stuff and went away again.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Geronimo!

Morning.

Monday all over again again.

Damp.

Blue sky in parts.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 16.5 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 15.5 deg in the leanto.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.8373 psi, (up from 1021 last night), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 13th of November 2019 there was discussion of 10p discount off petrol at Sainsburys, NF needing to refill the car after the trip to that Brighton, I forgot to put hot smoked paprika in what I was making for dinner which led to some disappointment, whereas WTFH related details of the extraction of a wisdom tooth at some time in the past. The last wisdom tooth I had extracted more or less popped out, it having erupted a long way due to the lower wisdom teeth having departed 10 years previously. I still have one left.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: there was.

Entertainment: bits of Y&Y, little bit of the latest R4 book of the week about the SAS & the Iranian embassy, bit of TWATO.

5 lawns duly mown: despite the sunshine the grass was very wet & it was hard work.

Tea: canned chilli con carne: mediocre despite the added chilli powder though some sweet chilli sauce perked it up a little.

Entertainment: Freecell: 90%, running average: 75%.

Meet the ancestors E3, E4.

Oak Island tedium: this week we ain't found tulip yet again, though the metal detector moron found something last week.

I seem to have ground to a halt on the dvd box set viewing front.

Never mind, worse things happen at sea.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 22:03.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start and a blue sky with high, straggly wisps. Not as cold as it could be, being 11°C already with a predicted 19° later. The barometers are back up again at 1017/1025mB

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So now to tell the Indian consultancy where I've spent 4 weeks as a substitute for a mate - that you paid for 4 weeks which means that I'm finished and yes that does mean you aren't getting the other bits you need because I told you on day 1 when I saw the schedule that we needed 6 weeks given the number of meetings.

And I'm finished because they haven't managed the client at any point while they have promised things Dynamics (and the Indian consultancy) simply doesn't do. Now I have code around that would solve all the problems but that's personal IP and I'm not giving it away or even hinting on how to do it.
    Last edited by eek; Today, 07:29.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast but dry and quite mild.

Tell me why?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of Monkey Life this morning, including the arrival of Oshine from South Africa who immediately set about undoing the bolts in the orangutan nursery

And after the journey south, I was back in time for some of the US borders and NZ policing stuff.

Later, another new Saving Lives in Cardiff, and an old 24 Hours in A&E

And I read a bit more of To Catch a Spy in which the British government has lost massively in the Australian courts

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been the leftover pork cutlet from the other night, with chips and beans

Driving down and back, and shifting stuff, I felt OK and thought I must be over the lurgy. Then around five, an overwhelming tiredness hit me like a ton of bricks, with occasional bouts of lightheadedness thrown in for good measure. So I should probably take this as a warning not to overexert myself for a few more days

Leave a comment:

Working...
X