• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Apart from the annoying Californian enthusiasm of senior Apple executives, tonight's only viewing has been assorted offenders in North Yorkshire on an old Traffic Cops

Another early night now, in the hope this lurgy finally goes away. The various films and TV shows I had plans of watching during my break are going to have to wait until I'm in a fit state to concentrate on them

To add to the fun, the purchasers of the parental home have asked if the date can be brought forward. As my siblings are holidaying in various ways, this would only give us a couple of weeks to clear the place, including sheds and so on. And my brother is off to New Zealand, so I'm the only executor in the country and will have to deal with anything official that crops up. I don't mind the earlier date if we can get everything arranged, but if this lurgy drags on then I may not be able to help as much as I'd like with anything that involves going down there and shifting stuff. And, of course, it's all eating into the holiday time I was planning to use to relax and recover from the ridiculous amount of stress I've endured on the doomed project, and giving me other stuff to fret over

Oh well, it'll be nice not to have a mortgage to bother about any more so I suppose it'll be worth it in the end

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Wedding anniversary done. The WifeTM loves the painting.

TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The afternoon turned out to be quite sunny.

Received a call from the agency about that job I was trying not get my hopes up over. So, the client is happy with the CVs they were sent for all the roles they have. They decided that the role I'm up for needs to be reworked to focus on the element that I'm the least strong in, due to the time since doing that sort of work, so I suspect that will now be me out of the running. However, there is a call tomorrow lunchtime that will decide next steps for all applications so the rejection won't come until the afternoon.

Annoyingly, HWMBO had suggested I change the order of gigs on my CV to reflect relevance to the role, rather than chronological order, but this was rejected by the agent. If it had been accepted then the first experience the client would have seen was evidence of me doing the very thing they're now making more important. Now it's on page two.

Just goes to show that these CV tweaking advisors, who sell their snake oil by touting alternative layouts and order of experience, are talking a load of old nonsense.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The afternoon turned out to be quite sunny.

Received a call from the agency about that job I was trying not get my hopes up over. So, the client is happy with the CVs they were sent for all the roles they have. They decided that the role I'm up for needs to be reworked to focus on the element that I'm the least strong in, due to the time since doing that sort of work, so I suspect that will now be me out of the running. However, there is a call tomorrow lunchtime that will decide next steps for all applications so the rejection won't come until the afternoon.

Annoyingly, HWMBO had suggested I change the order of gigs on my CV to reflect relevance to the role, rather than chronological order, but this was rejected by the agent. If it had been accepted then the first experience the client would have seen was evidence of me doing the very thing they're now making more important. Now it's on page two.

Just goes to show that these CV tweaking advisors, who sell their snake oil by touting alternative layouts and order of experience, are talking a load of old nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Ah, they aren't new, it's just the current model with new software on the associated phone. But I've been thinking of getting some anyway, based on the possibly erroneous assumption that as the ordinary AirPods I have are good for calls, the Pro ones may be even better
    That's how they sucker you in!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'll give the new iPods Pro a go too, as the forthcoming hearing aid feature looks interesting - if nothing else, there are still some films I've got on Apple TV that don't have subtitles, so it might help to have direct-to-ear audio that's configured for my hearing
    Ah, they aren't new, it's just the current model with new software on the associated phone. But I've been thinking of getting some anyway, based on the possibly erroneous assumption that as the ordinary AirPods I have are good for calls, the Pro ones may be even better

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: Nando's leftovers

I was thinking the other day how I always tell medics and such that I only get one takeaway a week. But now I realise that I always get enough to have another meal, or at least a lunch, from it. And I sometimes go to the chip shop if I've been shopping on a weekday evening

I watched the Apple Event earlier. My phone will easily last for another year or two, so I'm not rushing to replace that. But I might go for the new watch, as mine is from 2018 and I think they've added enough features by now to make it worthwhile replacing it. I'll give the new iPods Pro a go too, as the forthcoming hearing aid feature looks interesting - if nothing else, there are still some films I've got on Apple TV that don't have subtitles, so it might help to have direct-to-ear audio that's configured for my hearing

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a couple of crusts of wholemeal

Looks like the sun is making a dramatic entrance out there now

The lurgy isn't making a dramatic exit though, so any vague plans I had that involve leaving the flat are on hold

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy. Some chance of sunshine later. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. No rain forecast but I think there was some overnight. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

HWMBO goes home later today.

Microsoft sent me a 50% off voucher for the D365 ERP exam. I should get one for the CRM exam tomorrow. I found ERP way more interesting than CRM even though I'm much less likely to ever be involved with it. Must finish working on the TOGAF Business Architecture cert this week.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Good to see it's started the week well.
    I tried clearing the vBulletin "system cache" and that seems to have sorted it out for now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start out and it looks as of there was some more rain overnight. Getting colder too, being 14°C but not getting any higher than 17°. The barometers are bouncing back though, at 998/1006mB

The lurgy has not magically vanished overnight but I did sleep better, with such dreams as there were being of insufficient unpleasantness to either wake me up or be recollected now. Covid test still negative, but throat still sore and nose rather blocked

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Cool in here at 18.4 deg, 20.5 in the kitchen, 17 in the leanto, 15.8 in the saltinghouse.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 in Hg, 756.06 Torr, 14.619 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 78% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of November 2019 Brillo bag a century, NF stated that he likes paprika in his bol, and vetran fitted a lavatory and was sufficiently unwell to spend 14 hours in bed from 18:00 to 08:00. Well there's a thing.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.
    Good to see it's started the week well.

Just realised that the dream before waking was probably inspired by The Looking Glass War.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

The annual horse/hiring fair is arriving. I wonder how long it is since horses and hiring were a thing, rather than tat and rides.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine and bracing breeze.

Shirts in off the line.

Lunch: there was.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Remaining cottons in off the line & those requiring the iRon met it.

Tea: egg sarnies etc.

Read books.

Meet the Ancestors on BBC4: from 1998. Who'd have thunk it was that long ago?

Oak Island nutjobbery: travel to that England, Royston. Some docs about ships taken as prize. Boring. <click>

Fringe S5 E1: not in the mood: <click>

Kung Fu S1: the one with Chief Dan George: not in the mood: <click>

Looks for other dvds: nothing appeals: <click>

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 20:54.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Cool in here at 18.4 deg, 20.5 in the kitchen, 17 in the leanto, 15.8 in the saltinghouse.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 in Hg, 756.06 Torr, 14.619 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 78% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of November 2019 Brillo bag a century, NF stated that he likes paprika in his bol, and vetran fitted a lavatory and was sufficiently unwell to spend 14 hours in bed from 18:00 to 08:00. Well there's a thing.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 07:50.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X