• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Scotch broth and a bit of wholemeal

Today's forecasted 20% chance of rain in late afternoon was way off, with continuous light and sometimes heavy drizzle all morning

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny and warm out although quite cloudy too. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Barometer at 1015 mBar.

So far, the day has gone exceedingly pear shaped. I left my friend's house shortly before 9am. I planned to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up a shopping order that was set for collection between 10 and 11. On getting a mere two miles up the road, everything came to a halt on account of a rather large accident on Kingston Road in Hampton Wick. Helpfully, a coach driver blocked the road so no-one could move. All adjacent roads were gridlocked and I sat in queues for a good 90 mins before getting through to a clear patch wherein I could enjoy the 20 mph limits our glorious mayor has seen fit to slap on every road with a tree on it. I got to Waitrose at 11.20 instead of the planned 10am. Fortunately they hadn't deemed me a no-show and my goods were still available for pick up.

Now home, sat, cooling off and deciding what to do next with my day.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just had a look on RightMove and Zoopla, and the parental home is no longer listed

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 18.3 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1013.5 mBar, 29.92 in Hg, 760.18 Torr, 14.6995 psi, (up for 1011 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 20th of October 2019 I met the late Frank on my walk in the woods: the only other of the 4 of us who did those long walks on a Sunday morning who was then still alive, now I'm the last, and I was wearing some new walking boots (Chinese crap), and I roasted some lamb which shows how things have changed, whereas NF watched "The Thing (1984)" "The Accountant" and MI II, and LM was dealing with VAT.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom during which it picked with rain.

Five lawns mown while it was picking with rain: I've irritated a horde of little bumble bees by removing those orange weeds they seem to like.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: TWATO. <click> when it started waffling about association football.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:48.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

CBS, etc. A very pleasant walk earlier, no jacket required.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And I see I forgot to bid everybody good night last night! I was feeling tired, but I didn't realise I was that tired

For the record, last night's viewing was the Gloucestershire police night shift thing, followed by reading Black Box on the subject of Concorde and its Russian counterpart

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

It's a grey start again, and not expected to brighten up either - in fact, there's a moderate chance of showers this afternoon. It's fairly mild at 13°C though, with 17° likely later; the barometers are up a bit at 1004/1012mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Hoglet on the cameras tonight

TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another day done, yet apparently I'm supposed to do two more this week!

I managed to get a towel wash done and they're drying now, so at least there's a vague sense of accomplishment from that

Sunny spells out and although it's a bit breezy, we aren't getting the cataclysmic winds the weather app seemed to be hinting at this morning

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

This morning started off cloudy but has brightened up considerably. It's currently 22 degrees and that's the high for the day.

Cat sitting has gone ok so far. I popped (is an hour's drive considered a 'pop'?) home this morning to do a load of laundry and generally faff about. Then drove back this afternoon. Cheekily using my friend's tumble dryer to get things dried faster.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pali!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Pali!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And coming up…

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: salmon baps and a bag of plain crisps

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

They must be keen: they came in £25K below asking, we went back with £10K below, and they've made a final offer of £15K below and are also willing to wait for probate. My sister and I are ready to bite their hands off, but we're waiting for our brother to OK it - he's probably off walking on a moor or something as he does that most days, but I reckon he'll agree with us when he returns to civilisation
    Offer accepted! And it's for a decent bit more than the estate agent thought we'd get too

We'd pitched the price fairly high, on the basis that if it didn't sell we could bring it down, but you can't realistically put it up. And we've found a buyer in just nine days

Even better, it's a family who really like the place and want to make a home out of it. Our parents would be much happier with that than if it had gone to some developer or BTL landlord

Leave a comment:

Working...
X