• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Telly was, unsurprisingly, an old Police Interceptors

Tomorrow's the day when the chap has the meeting with the other chap that may be about putting this project out of our misery, or may just be a normal catch-up. I could do with a rest…

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been Barnsley chops (from Chatsworth) with chips, peas and gravy. Very nice

Due to the State Opening of Parliament, all the government buildings in the vicinity of Whitehall were inside a strict security cordon today, meaning people from the department heading in to the office were being kettled in St. James' Park while ID was checked and so on. One of them was stood next to a bloke who announced to the police that he was the head of MI6, producing his government pass stating same, and he wanted to be let through immediately. The police politely told him to stay in line and wait his turn

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Enough boxes have been dealt with in the kitchen that it actually looks like a nice space!!
    Now do mine!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny with occasional fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer up to 1018 mBar.

Uneventful morning. The usual job hunting. Some effort expended on trying to source a gardener for Mum. Enough boxes have been dealt with in the kitchen that it actually looks like a nice space!!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Pukka steak slice for lunch

What is usually a comparatively mellow day has been largely filled with meetings this week, much to my displeasure

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Cool in here at 20 deg, 20.5 in the kitchen, 19.8 in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of October 2019 NF was drying laundry whilst cooking a roast lamb dinner, followed by watching more of Breaking Bad S5, whereas I was watching the "Band Candy" ep of BTVS which introduces Faith as a Slayer.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Nice breeze.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on in its usual way.

Logged into a Yahoo mail thingie: feck me what a pain: had to log into another email thingie to confirm that I wasn't a robot trying to steal my way into my own account. Nothing of innerest in there anyway, so I logged back out again.

Nothing in any of the other three either, apart from some pimp who thought I might be innerested in some contract in Ross on Wye that requires Python whatever that is. The only match between the requirements and my CV (whichever ancient copy he/she/it was working from) was "Testing" and "Embedded".

House roughly vacced for the sake of something to do.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc. Managed not to choke myself on it this time.

Entertainment: PM.

Better Call Saul S1 E1.

The Human Jungle.

Enough of Saul: The Mentalist S1 E1, E2, E3, E4. Rather like Veronica Mars it makes me larf which Saul didn't.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 22:37.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    CBS etc. Slept in this morning, so we only managed a short walk.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start out, and it's going to be a bit warmer heading towards the end of the week; it's already 14°C with an expected high of 22°, though it's also expected to turn cloudy from around lunchtime on. The barometers are also on the up at 1008/1015mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No further telly, but a few more H.G. Wells short stories read. I've hit one of those stretches where he was writing lighthearted humorous stuff, and while they're entertaining enough, he's better when he sticks to his usual beat

With the sky having mostly cleared, there's a nice yellow gibbous moon hanging around outside

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's tea has been Lincolnshire sausages with chips and beans

Accompanied by the latest episode of Secrets of the London Underground at Waterloo

Turning into a nice sunny evening now, with a couple of crows taking advantage of the freshly-mown lawn to peck at whatever it is they all peck at in the grass down there

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Decided to see where Google would take us home. One or two single track roads masquerading as real roads but otherwise uneventful. Still took 2.5 hours though.

The heavens have just opened and I've had to dash about closing windows to stop it coming in.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Yesterday, 18:08.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Decided to walk down the garden to rake over the ashes from Saturday's bonfire, only to discover that even with yesterday's rain, there were still glowing embers in the heart of it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Somebody else's meeting has been moved to Thursday. Not the most exciting news, or something I'd usually even find out about - except that the meeting is with the person who might be going to announce the cancellation of the project, depending on several external circumstances! Mind you, they're always extremely busy and the meeting that's been moved is just a regular catchup thing, so it could have been moved for entirely unrelated reasons

Lunch, by the by, was leftover onion bhajis from Saturday's takeaway

And the afternoon has been enlivened by a walk round to the Post Office to dispatch a bunch of forms to the solicitors who are acting for us in the matter of the parental home, said forms having been signed by my brother and sent on to me to do the same, arriving in the post this morning.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The drive down to Sussex was entertaining.

Lots of bits of the A24 were closed and we ended up on a scenic tour of Surrey's back roads.

It's also wet and raining down here.

Should have stayed in London

Leave a comment:

Working...
X