• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Local woods volunteer thing this morning.

Still can't figure out what's wrong with the fridge. How can temperature be 15 when ice keeps forming at the back? 3 thermometers all read the same and the door is properly closed. Only Stephen Hawking or Einstein could solve this puzzle. Anyone got their contact details?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Oh, and I took advantage of having to wait around to pop over to Big Sainsbury's - I didn't need much but I had a Nectar price on the coffee beans I like that expires today, so I decided it was worth the trip

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch earlier was sausages in finger rolls, a stock of the correct sausages having been procured when I was at M&S the other day

The process of destruction has been proceeding. Most sections of my list are now green, though I'll need to chase a pull request for some stuff I removed from another team's code earlier. This was written a year and one week ago, and the large team I dealt with then has since been reorganised into several smaller teams, so it can be tricky finding out who to prod - the people I could ping on Teams back then are doing other, albeit related, stuff now

Decommissioning some of it is probably not going to happen until tomorrow, as nothing has previously been decommissioned from the platform it's on and the team that are building said platform weren't expecting to have to work out the necessary technical and administrative procedures to take services down quite so soon in it lifecycle

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Birthday present for The Wife from MMtSH has arrived, as has wedding anniversary present from me to her.

Not going to say what they are in case she reads this.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    ^ I had to look up where I was going. A long weekend in Amsterdam with HWMBO.

Afternoon all

It's been a sunny but quite cloudy day. Currently 22 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

I have been camped out in CitizenM Tower Hill this afternoon, pretending to be a 'worker' while HWMBO actually works around the corner. Makes a change from sitting in my home office. Watching the mix of tourists and locals strolling past is quite the past time.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 18.7 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1012.5 mBar, 29.899 in Hg, 759.44 Torr, 14.685 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 81% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of November 2019 I spoke to 6 people on my walk, rather more than usual, speaking being defined as "Good morning" etc. , whereas LM was awaiting a flight in a Heathrow lounge and had forgotten the liquids bag in her handbag, whereas NF was finding it rather gloomy and sunless.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 07:57.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

CBS, etc out. A bit autumnally chilly too on our perambulation.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start, clouding over later as it so often does. Not as warm as yesterday either, though still mild enough at 12°C climbing to 20°. The barometers are continuing to avoid extremes: slightly up to 1005/1012mB

A look at the exercise app reveals that I spent 139 minutes walking yesterday

That's the thing with London: even if you use the Underground, you still get a lot of walking in just getting to and from the platforms. And I went for a bit of an amble through Bloomsbury too

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Watched half an episode of Traffic Cops but I'm too tired for telly

Thursday tomorrow, apparently. Soon be Friday, and the start of my holiday!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    A nice catch up had in Kingston. Took about 1h45m to get there on the bus and about an hour to get home. That meant I only paid £3.50 to get there and back.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Afternoon all

Sunny with a mix of lumpy and wispy fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 28 expected. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Had a lovely dinner at Blacklock Chop House last night with HWMBO.
    Half-millennium!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Home again!

I decided to walk back from the station, including a visit to a comparatively new chip shop down that way. This mainly served to remind me of how terribly unfit I am, as home is uphill from there (well, it's a hill by the relative standards of the regional terrain)

Anyway, the chippy seems decent enough. Mind, they have the vague "fish" listed on the menu, with no mention of cod or haddock, and the fish I got definitely wasn't either of those; just some generic but cheaper white fish. Nice enough though, and the chips and batter were both up to scratch

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I always forget there’s a small Greggs near the EMR platforms at St. Pancras. Grabbed myself a steak bake and a sausage roll, and got the rearmost front-facing seat which happened to be unreserved

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Meeting done, followed by a couple of pints in the pub over the road from the office. Now in a pub opposite St. Pancras, waiting for my ticket to become valid

Leave a comment:

Working...
X