• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    The official Commando Comics Twitter account has posted a list of all the issues my Dad wrote for them!

https://x.com/commandocomic/status/1...234027292?s=61
    • JUNGLE ACE
    • ZERO BASHER
    • TRAIL OF A HERO
    • GHOST SERGEANT
    • HAMMER OF THE JPS
    • BIG JOE
    • TOP GUNNER
    • CARSON'S PRIVATE ARMY
    • KELLY'S ARMY
    • MAN OF IRON
    • WINGS OF WAR
    • CANNONBALL CASEY
    • RIVER OF DEATH
    Turns out I've still got two of them, Jungle Ace from 1964 (missing its cover) and Man of Iron from 1968

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Gotta say, despite the heat, it's great drying weather. Load 1 of bed linen was dry by the time load 2 was washed.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

Not a huge thunderstorm, and it's moved on towards Melton Mowbray now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thunder!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's warm out! First load of bed linen is out in the garden draped over airers. At some point I will figure out how to put up a washing line.

I need to go to the post office and pick up a few things from the shops. I have been trying to work out which items to get from which shop in order to pay the least. Tesco and Morrisons are a bus ride away and Sainsbury's and Lidl are around the corner. This feels like multiple trips required to get everything.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, a mix of wispy and lumpy cloud but plenty of blue sky about. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 32 expected . Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

Bed stripped and is airing, with the first load in the WM. The whites and cottons cycles don't work with the time saver option, I notice.

Today's task: more fruitless gig searching. Maybe I should search for a fruit-based gig.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Grey.

Cloudy.

Misty enough to conceal the mountains across the way.

Sunless.

Warm in here at 21.8 deg, 24 deg in the kitchen, 22 in the leanto.

1001.5 mBar, 29.574 in Hg, 751.18 Torr, 14.5255 psi, (down from 1004 last night), 77% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of October 2019 xogg was buying sweeties in case trick or treat happened, LM was watching a thing about castles the Norman English invading bastards built in Wales, whereas NF was watching yet more "I, Claudius".

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. Very close but cooler than yesterday by far.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click> Monday Links.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:16.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Blue skies, sunshine, very humid. Glad to be back at my desk to recover from the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Largely cloudy out, though with a few potential gaps here and there. There's something of a breeze too. But it seems none of this will be cooling things down, as it's already 20°C and expected to hit 30°. The barometers are down to 997/1004mB though, so the heatwave should be brief

Monday again. Various senior people are back from leave today, so there's a chance we may hear something about the fate of the project

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I ended up leaving the Olympics thing on, but not necessarily paying much attention to it. In particular, I needed to sort out some documents for the solicitor about the sale of the parental home - my brother and I had signed them, witnessed by a cousin's partner, yesterday. They're now safely tucked in their envelope with a covering letter, to be collected by the postman (or postwoman) tomorrow

Monday again. Oh well, only two of them to go before the Bank Holiday, and the week after that I'm on holiday for my niece's wedding

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been the Turkish chicken, tomato and potato thing. Very nice, but I forgot to make any rice to go with it. So I made up for the missing calories by having tinned peach slices in syrup with mint and chocolate chip ice cream

Just watched 1.5 episode of 24 Hours in A&E (1 new, .5 old) and now I'm going to give the Olympics Shutdown Show ten minutes or so. If it's rubbish, I'll abandon it

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    A warm drive there and back. Mum wasn't fretting about anything being stolen this week. However I don't know what's happened to a pack of bayonet candle bulbs that I'd picked up a while ago as she needs one for the dining room. She said my brother must have taken them

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Breakfast was a cold sausage bap (white), and lunch has been some BBQ beef bits, also cold

Both of these are due to a lack of planning on my part which has led to an accumulation of leftovers

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with minimal fluff. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 29 expected. Barometer up a smidge to 1019 mBar.

Off to see Mum today. As the air-conditioning hasn't even been booked in for a check, it's going to be a warm ride. I can't remember if I need petrol. Ah well, I'll soon find out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X