• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Another sunny start and it didn't even get frosty last night. Currently 4°C and heading for 8°, and the barometers are back up a bit at 1020/1028mB

The secret laptop hasn't arrived yet

As I don't have much to do without it, I took the general waste and recycling over to the bin paddock. It's quite nice out, in a chilly sort of way; fresh air and all that. None of the regulars are out on the lawn yet, and if they were planning to get on there since I last checked, I assume they're holding off as somebody's Ocado delivery is just being dropped off

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy but dry and reasonably bright. Currently 2 degrees with a high of 9 expected. The cloud is due to ease off a bit and allow the sun to come through. Barometer down to 1030 mBar.

Doing more investigation into data discrepancies for the report developers this morning.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast out, but at least that means I don’t need to scrape ice off the cars. The WifeTM is going to a client site to work today, and I am off to the beach house as it is having a heating service. The DogTW will be going with me, and who knows, we might end up on the beach, or in one of the local pubs that has started to do “Seniors Lunches” on Thursdays… for the over 50s.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The car earlier was a Triumph Stag, and is taxed and MOTed until November. I get the impression they did less to the cars back then, and they all seem to last longer…

And the gold diggers were back to the standard mix of rousing success for some and dismal failure for others.

Later: S3E5 (I think I'm up to) of The Handmaid's Tale.

I suppose I'll have to get up early for work again tomorrow. Ah well, soon be the weekend

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Caught in the attic today… 1 shrew, 2 mice. Running totals this week: 3 shrews, 4 mice.
    One of our Arlo cameras is now on trap watch, so we get pinged when they head for the trap. It’s more entertaining than most reality shows.

In other news, tonight I’m going for no paracetamol and no naproxen. Let’s see if the others are enough to give me rest

TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Meanwhile the National Grid map thingie denies all knowledge.
    Probably a Deep State coverup

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole, and was extremely nice

Accompanied by a bit of Police Interceptors

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    According to the National Grid on Twitter, the power cut in Neath should be fixed by 21:00. Just in case anybody was wondering
    One had noticed the flickering of the lights.

Whilst on the 24th of April 2019 there was much discussion of this Countdown.

Meanwhile the National Grid map thingie denies all knowledge.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 20:47.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    According to the National Grid on Twitter, the power cut in Neath should be fixed by 21:00. Just in case anybody was wondering

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    First day back went well enough, despite there still being no government laptop. I got most of the mandatory training redone, as it would have expired in a month or so anyway. I think the only remaining one, which I need the laptop to access, is valid for three years anyway

And they've decided what the new name for the department is

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch is corned beef and tomato in a fresh-baked (slightly over baked) ciabatta roll.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a bit of wholemeal

No secret government laptop yet

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I ended up in a two hour call with one of the new report developers going through the results of them trying to recreate a report off the new database.

It's mostly all good but the size of the output (>400k rows, c.30 columns) makes it very difficult to compare and ensure that everything matches. I've sent them off with a few extra tests to do while I do some investigation into data discrepancies.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all

CBS, King Billy, etc.

Have to send 2 urgent emails this morning, one following up on a message I sent at 1.30am which appears to have created a bit of interest, and one about me coming out of retirement.
    you called?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Kickoff meeting went well. I am currently Tech Lead of a team which has no other developers, as we're starting almost from scratch. They said they were struggling to find other developers of the calibre required, so I assured them that I'd be quite happy to do it all myself

I left room for it to be taken as a joke, but they seemed more relieved than anything and I reckon I might end up doing that. Fine by me

Secret laptop hasn't turned up yet, though it's expected to get here some time today. When I checked the mandatory training that I can access from outside, it was all still valid from when I did it last year

About time for lunch then

Interestingly, there hasn't yet been any official pronouncement on what the new name for the department is, so none of us know what it's actually called at the moment

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

CBS, King Billy, etc.

Have to send 2 urgent emails this morning, one following up on a message I sent at 1.30am which appears to have created a bit of interest, and one about me coming out of retirement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X