• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another hectic day

But it ended well, the timesheet has been submitted, and tea is in the oven: let the weekend commence!

In other good news, my Sainsbury's account had somehow been replaced with a new one as part of the Nectar card shenanigans. As the algorithms for awarding bonus points and Nectar prices is based on your shopping history, I'd been left with a wasteland of offers that suit the Average Customer - discounts on stuff I never buy like broccoli, or cheese, or four pints of milk. I'd moaned to them but they said nothing could be done. However, it seems they were wrong for today, everything was back to normal! I now have discounts and bonuses on stuff I buy all the time, with no unwanted vegetables or dairy products

And a towel wash has been done, the drying phase of which will shortly be concluded

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    ladymuck Read your DM's.

I know my restraining order says no but hey ho.
    Soz, it seems that forum notifications are a thing of the past.

Morning all

Sunny and dry. The sky was clearer earlier this morning but there's a more fluff hanging about now. Currently 21 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer is up to 1012 mBar.

There's laundry in the WM, which will go out on the line soon.

This morning has been spent job hunting and I have four flat viewings this afternoon. Although I grumble about having to do part time, it has meant I have more time to find somewhere to live.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    ladymuck Read your DM's.

I know my restraining order says no but hey ho.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

High haze.

Cool in here at 18 deg, 18.5 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto, 14.5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.562 psi, (up from 1001 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of September 2019 the bottom of next door's garden was underwater, I forgot the roasties & the onion in the oven only to find them after lunch & doing the dishes, the forum was partially knackered again (or still as the case may be), NF was putting the washing away, and I was selecting tomes to donate to those lucky lucky bastards at Oxfam, and I was hoping LHO would rise from the grave & off the blonde incompetent **** lying his bollox off on the radio.

The cottons are in the WM, including most of the moth infested from the drawer.

The cottons have left the WM & met the washing line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in grey gloom.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Some twat attempting to justify antiSemitic sitins at University.

TWATO waffling on about the usual crap.

Much cleaning of cupboards and cookers.

Veronica Mars S2 E12 "Wallace and Grommet Rashard go White Castle".

Vintage Volt: S2 E6 BMW Isetta: converting a tiny 3 wheel bubble car to electrick. For £40k. .

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 16:09.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Very misty out earlier, but it's burning off quite quickly.
    Currently playing a permit at his own game - he wants to point out how important he is by coming up with reasons why the solution is wrong. He puts these blockers in writing, copied to half the world, then calls you direct to chat about them and say that it's not really his job and he's just helping out. So, I've been going back to him and asking for sign-off based on changing design to suit his latest list and he doesn't want to sign it, but finds more excuses. His latest request to change things to what he says is required contains 2 changes that directly contradict the data he provided earlier in the week as a reason that changes had to be made. He's also now said that one of the changes he's asked for does not follow any pattern in his data and so we need to do the development but create some sort of AI that will assign one value 40% of the time, and a different one 60% for one country, 80/20 in a second country and 10/90 in a third. But he doesn't know who needs/uses that field.
    Answers on a postcard to: Keep Billing, WTFH House, Safewater, Devon.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

The sun has just broken through the cloud but in a rather diffuse way, as there's still fairly dense high haze in the gaps. t'll remain cloudy today, though no real indication of whether that's proper cloudy or with further hazy gaps. Mild though, being 12°C already with 20° due later. The barometers are up a bit more at 996/1004mB

I just remembered that I meant to empty the kitchen waste bin last night, so that's just been done and the black bag put out on the landing to be collected by the people who come round and take it to the bins

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Watched an episode of the motorway thing whilst dining. Lots of people should reconsider driving in snow, it seems

And a bit of digging around in the docs suggests a possible approach to a specific thing I wanted to do in Core Data, though it's sufficiently recondite that I won't know if it'll work until I try it, and I'm too tired to get into anything complicated tonight

Speaking of which: early night now, the sooner to wake to Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sausages (Lincolnshire), chips and beans for tea

It's still raining. The trees seem to be enjoying it, though, and the usual pigeons, squirrels, and so forth haven't been put off from doing whatever it is they all do down there on the big lawn

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I decided to be generous and do the work as I prefer to maintain a good relationship with Heathrow than the consultancy. Will now have to talk to the director on Monday about whether I swap the time or bill for it. Hopefully the latter, seeing as I'm now being asked to attend a meeting on the day I would have taken off.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    We have an unhappy client who didn't like hearing that their requested changes to their dashboard couldn't be done until Monday at the earliest because the consultancy has put me on a 3 day week and I was clocking off as soon as the meeting ended.

Mentioned it to the PM who asked if I'd consider swapping working this afternoon for extra time off next week. Fine in principle if they're assuming I don't have plans for the time they said they didn't need me to work.

Now considering how generous I want to be...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Heinz oxtail soup and white toast

Raining off and on now, and more on than off

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Overcast but reasonably bright. Light showers off and on all morning, clearing up mid afternoon. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer up a snifter to 1007 mBar.

Much tinkering with Power BI this morning. Looks like my part time stint will come to an end this month so the clock is very much ticking on finding another gig. Sod all out there though.

Still haven't found another place to move to, either.

Homeless and jobless, awesome! What benefits can I claim?

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    A productive day had. Finally got rid of my old printer and the chap who came to look at my bush yesterday returned to give it a good trim. Did a very good job for a very reasonable price.

Work wise, the day was a bit meh.
    Brazilian chap, was he?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That was in a PM, wasn't it? It was the buddleia that gave the game away
    Twas an impressive buddleia back then, it must be said. It's not there now.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.6249...6656?entry=ttu

Moving up the road a little one can spot the decaying veranda roof thing over the bay window that was held up by a bit of string/aerial cable/whatever. The council made him take it down which gave rise to the installation of the bit of board that lived on top of the bay window for about 15 years.

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 18.3 deg, 18.5 deg, 18 deg in the leanto, 15 deg in the saltinghouse.

1000.5 mBar, 29.5447 in Hg, 750.436 Torr, 14.511 psi, (up from 993 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of September 2019 it was raining old women & sticks around here, NF went to the Chinese, and an assortment of space epics were watched, being "Ad Astra" and "Serenity". Wxman was mentioned, but not what happened to him.

Dire night's sleep: playing Freecell until 02:30 wasn't a good idea.

Cupboard drawers duly washed out, the cutlery tidy thing duly washed & dried, more moths killed.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine and intermittent grey gloom.

Lunch: beans on toast (cheesy) etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y Gapfinders: card payment thingies for very small businesses. Y&Y Sliced Bread: air fresheners.

Veronica Mars S2 E11 "Donut Run". The runaway father one. As opposed to the father in gaol one or the Veronica in gaol one. Penultimate appearance for her boyfriend.

Much cleaning of the springs, many spiders disturbed, many moths executed with extreme prejudice. Just when you think you've offed them all, another one appears as if by magick.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 17:14.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Was very misty in the valley when we headed out at 6am, but we stayed above the mist, which has now completely burned off. Looks like it's going to be a warm one.
    9.something km walked, 11k steps

Leave a comment:

Working...
X