• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Cloudy but bright enough and dry. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 23 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

Had a lovely dinner and cocktails out with friends yesterday. Lazy start to the day today with no plans to do / achieve anything.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Pod person alert! ^^^ NF up & about at 08:48 on a Sunday?
    Monkey Life starts at 9am, and the apes can't turn the telly on by themselves

I also managed to organise a bacon bap for breakfast, again

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Bah! Got to drive to London for a damn family do.

Stuck a fake number plate on me nice lttel diesel van to avoid ULEZ. UP99YOURS
    Last edited by xoggoth; Today, 09:51.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Pod person alert! ^^^ NF up & about at 08:48 on a Sunday?

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 22.5 in the kitchen, 20 in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1009.5 last night), 81% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of October 2019 BTVS EOS3 and EOS4 were watched, while NF decided to go to bed earlier & get up earlier , the day was grey but not unpleasant, I was in with the hoi polloi, and WTFH was watering plants on the windowsill and speaking with agents.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom and picking with rain.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:47.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start out with the weather app putting its faith in drizzle, though I don't think that's actually happening yet. Currently 14°C and not expected to get any higher than 20°, so the air conditioner may have to be put away for now. The barometers are back up a little though, at 1004/1011mB

Down on the lawn, a juvenile squirrel - I'm basing my assessment of its age on size, lack of fluffiness of tail, and youthful vigour to the point of extreme scattiness - was causing mild irritation to three pigeons by running towards them as the were having a peck around, but I think they realised that it was just being exuberant in their general direction as they walked out of its way quite quickly but didn't fly off. It continued running around randomly for a bit, eventually scooting off to the hedge. The two crows that were pecking about earlier had gone by then, though no doubt they'll impose discipline should it start disturbing them, as happened last year

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Two foxes, one hedgehog so far this evening, and no new mower.

TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of early Monkey Life on earlier, taking us into S2

And then the assortment of wildlife stuff with the peculiar focus on sharks

Also read a bit more of Pepys' 1667 diary later on

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was from Nando's

Nearly got enough loyalty card stamps from there to get a free chicken, which is the ultimate goal

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The air conditioner seems to do a good job of cooling the place down, though it's not really needed today. I believe it'll be warmer again tomorrow, so it'll have the chance to prove its mettle then

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Are you doing a video of you unpacking the aircon?

Or not bothering since it's not an iAircon?

Just askin' like. .

My portable aircon is currently down in the garage because I'm too mean to run it for the 3 or 4 days a year it's useful.

Plus, having sold the house next door to the idle pair, I no longer have a bedroom that regularly reaches 95 deg in the summer.
    No unboxing video - I see no reason to exhibit my struggles to extract 21.52kg of machine from its wrappings

It's now set up and at work. It was a bit of a struggle to get it set up, due to having to get it in a position where it could poke its hose out of the window and also be plugged in. Might see if they do a longer hose

To be fair, that process would probably have been a bit easier if the relevant corner didn't still contain assorted bits of crap, many of which were put there when I first moved in and have been awaiting "sorting out" ever since

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Are you doing a video of you unpacking the aircon?

Or not bothering since it's not an iAircon?

Just askin' like. .

My portable aircon is currently down in the garage because I'm too mean to run it for the 3 or 4 days a year it's useful.

Plus, having sold the house next door to the idle pair, I no longer have a bedroom that regularly reaches 95 deg in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Belated breakfast of a buttered bacon bap

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy but reasonably bright. Dry. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Lazy morning had so far. Off out later to meet friends who have dinner at 5pm.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The air conditioner has arrived!

The very helpful Amazon delivery guy was willing to carry all ~30kg of it up the stairs for me, but I reassured him that getting it to the lift would be more than sufficient

Leave a comment:

Working...
X