• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One of us, one of us"

Collapse

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Enough about milk, there's no sugar in my ClientCo's kitchen at the moment. This is a CRISIS!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Apparently stuff gets regularly nicked from the fridge here.

I might try lacing some milk with anthrax and seeing what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
    UPDATE :

After 5 1/2 months some of the permies have taken pity on me and asked me to join their hallowed "Milk Club".

Any idea if this is an IR35 indicator?
    I don't know but maybe it's a euphemism.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
    UPDATE :

After 5 1/2 months some of the permies have taken pity on me and asked me to join their hallowed "Milk Club".

I'm pretty sure there's an HMRC dob-a-contractor line set up for precisely this scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Tasslehoff
    replied
    UPDATE :

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Buy your own milk and write "I have spat in this" on the carton.
    And find somebody's written "So have I" on it

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Buy your own milk and write "I have spat in one of these" on each carton.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Buy your own milk and write "I have spat in this" on the carton.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    And if you are worried about the permie filth getting their paws all over it, can I suggest the following label:
    Or just put the real stuff in the container.... (NSFW)

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Gold plated?

Good gracious me, solid gold, surely.
    Don't want the permy low-lives scraping it off and selling it. The money they make might empower them to leave their tulipty jobs and compete with us as contractors!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    FFS, you are a contractor, buy your own forchrissakes, from free range, champagne and lobster drinking Norsk rødt fe cows milked tenderly by naked Norwegian fair maidens using their Molton Brown scented hands, gingerly caressing their sensitive udders, smoothly bottled without pasteurisation and sealed with a Scandinavian kiss.

And if you are worried about the permie filth getting their paws all over it, can I suggest the following label:

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    You then order in your own cupboard and fridge, suitably labelled. And make them a teeny bit larger than the existing ones. And gold plated
    Take over the MD's office and convert it to a butler's pantry, surely?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You then order in your own cupboard and fridge, suitably labelled. And make them a teeny bit larger than the existing ones. And gold plated
    we had one of those at a clientco, they hadn't supplied one because there were few permies there.

when we left I took it with me. the permies who had been using it and the incomers were most upset. Teach them for outsourcing to ICTs.

I like working with good people its refreshing. Many of those are contractors

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You're not bringing your own furniture into my premises.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Where are you going to store all this when suddenly fridges and cupboards become "employees only"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X