• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Carbon monoxide alarm"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The gasfire in Zeity's lounge gives Zeity a headache.

Which is why Zeity has a number (3 or 4) CO monitors, all of which state that the headache is a figment of Zeity's imagination.

However, Zeity has decided that it's better to be safe than dead, so he doesn't use the gasfire at all.

The only time it gets lit is when the nice plumber person does the annual check on the central heating.
    If the nice plumber person is sure that the gas fire isn't dangerous then Zeity has a good imagination.

Oh and at least you get your boiler checked yearly - lots of people don't.........

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Poll fail - I have 2 - one in the utility room where the boiler is & one in the lounge which has a gas fire

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Definitely worth it. People worry about their stuff being stolen so get insurance but won't get something that can save their life. Never quite got that. Anyway, get a decent one if you are going to do it.
    Life without your hard earned possessions is annoying.
    Life without life is not annoying. Life without life just isn't.

So people try to avoid the annoying life. Good choice I think.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    This is the one the guy in the shop recommended

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Honeywell-H4...pr_product_top
    Good find

I enquired about ozone detectors a few months ago, because I suspected my laser printer was belching out the stuff, due to a metallic tangy smell int its vicinity, but a decent one is over £600!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    My boiler is outside.
    Doing the gardening again is she?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    My boiler is outside.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Definitely worth it. People worry about their stuff being stolen so get insurance but won't get something that can save their life. Never quite got that. Anyway, get a decent one if you are going to do it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    B&Q had a fancy one on demo the other week, it talked to you instead of beeping.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Got one but, as we have oil fired hot air heating, I rather doubt there cold be a serious leak of fumes into the house without us smelling it.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Yup and also have hardwired smoke alarms in all rooms except kitchen and bathrooms.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    £15 for peace of mind.

no brainer.

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied
    Bought off Amazon a couple of months ago because I saw a documentary on CM poisoning.

Got a Travel one in a twin pack with a smoke detector for £23 so I can take them both away with me when staying in holiday chalets etc.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    This is the one the guy in the shop recommended

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Honeywell-H4...pr_product_top

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Not unless our smoke alarms also monitor CO. Which I assume is unlikely?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    very definately a good thing to have. it's not known as the 'silent killer' for nothing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X