• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Calling all Fanbois"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    Any support for decent graphics yet? Switch to Arm yet?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    What? Does that mean it’s going to run Windows?
    nah, - it's worse than that! - Z/OS

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Dark Modes!!
    What? Does that mean it’s going to run Windows?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Dark Modes!!

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    The MacPlank architecture?
    or MacHawking? Macshrodinger?
    Is my phone on, or off??? - oh, dear

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The UIKit/MacOS integration sounds like one of the most interesting out of that lot, despite being tucked away at the end as it's a future thing. The machine learning stuff also suggests there could be some interesting new hardware coming along in the not too distant future.
    The MacPlank architecture?
    or MacHawking? Macshrodinger?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The UIKit/MacOS integration sounds like one of the most interesting out of that lot, despite being tucked away at the end as it's a future thing. The machine learning stuff also suggests there could be some interesting new hardware coming along in the not too distant future.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    The only 'i' prefixed thing i have is an iRON, and i don't use it much. - feck apple

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

3. iPad with a decent keyboard. I have the logitech clamshell one, which does a great job of protecting the screen, but I believe they don't do it any more.
    iPad Pro has a decent keyboard. It’s not cheap but then it’s Apple.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And we're off, with the obligatory first fifteen minutes of "Look, aren't Apple wonderful!" guff

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bear in mind today's thing is opening a developer conference, not a product launch event. Though they will say what they're planning to do, there isn't usually much along the lines of "This is our new toy and you can buy it now" - more "We'll have a new toy later in the year and you can start ensuring your applications will work with it now".

Also, do remember that you should never install any software betas they make available today on a device you also need for non-development purposes, such as your daily-use phone or the laptop on which you do your company accounts…

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    6. Free upgrades for anyone who has Apple products.
    Yer right. That would go against their policy of screwing every penny out of all the drone fanbois that will buy anything with an apple logo on it.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I’m going to be pretty pissed if they announce a new watch!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    4. facial detectors on an iPad so that if you doze off watching something, it switches the iPad off
    I read that as fecal detectors, which confused me

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And slower??
    ha ha ha

nah, I'm sure not

Leave a comment:

Working...
X