• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Register: Guide to contracting"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
    Yes, that's a challenge.
    don't forget "up the oxo tower"

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Yes, that's a challenge.
    Thanks for accepting it.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Drop code words into your next article, Gladiator, Raditor, Chutney Spoon, AndyW etc
    Yes, that's a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'd love admin to authenticate this new user...
    I don't admin is quite ready to perform another autopsy so soon ...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    ...I'd love to see him try
    Drop code words into your next article, Gladiator, Raditor, Chutney Spoon, AndyW etc

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

...I'd love to see him try

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Ha! You're talking to real contractors here matey! (Pinch) Build and improve, that's our motto!

(And welcome to CUK Dominic - love your work. )
    Cyrus that you??

OCA Quote

"On any other day, that might seem strange."

Dominic - we aren't Pimpist, DA has haunted our corridors for years mainly unmolested.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Is it time to address the chutney spoon question?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Tykelike, yes I can bleed radiators, I have enjoyed various TV series about gladiators.

As for being a pimp, you need to be careful with that term since I may have copyright over it. I coined the term in 1986 when I got my first contract and started the pimps conference on CIX a few year later.

So yes I am a pimp
    Then this:

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The trick to dealing with recruitment agents is not to think of them as human beings, but as systems that you have to make act the way you want

I think its pretty much spot on!
    Is doubly funny

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Tykelike, yes I can bleed radiators, I have enjoyed various TV series about gladiators.

As for being a pimp, you need to be careful with that term since I may have copyright over it. I coined the term in 1986 when I got my first contract and started the pimps conference on CIX a few year later.

So yes I am a pimp
    Ha! You're talking to real contractors here matey! (Pinch) Build and improve, that's our motto!

(And welcome to CUK Dominic - love your work. )

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied

So yes I am a pimp

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Hang on a minute

that I, as a City headhunter and former contractor,
    Is he... is he... is he a pimp?!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    We're a bit worried that our Daily Mail obsession has been rumbled though
    Just because we are Daily Mail readers doesn't mean we are all xenophobes, my cleaner is foreign, I think they are from Newcastle or somewhere in that region

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Nice to see that people who know the truth like the article.
    We're a bit worried that our Daily Mail obsession has been rumbled though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X