• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Register: Guide to contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Is it summer yet? I feel like we should go on holiday!
    I reckon many of us are there already, as readers anyway. I know I am.

However the Reg commentard demographic is typically a big Linux/Android geek unlike here. I find it interesting how sites targeting similar groups of readers (IT workers for instance) can get such specific mindsets, which often are not the kind of view shown by the site officially... most IT workers are not massive Linux geeks.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

But my favourite article of Dominic's is You're crap and paid too much for the little work you actually do ? The Register

One of the best paid IT guys I know says that he doesn’t sell “solutions”, he sells pay rises
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well thank you kinds sirs all

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        So you want to be a contractor? Well, here's how it works ? The Register

I do like Dominic, he really gets people riled up in most of his articles.
        Nice to see that people who know the truth like the article.
        My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
          Hi Dominic, welcome to the forum

Comment

Oooh, an actual famous person here in our little forums.

While you are here we would like to add the following to the guide to contracting:

Can you bleed radiators?
            Do you like gladiators?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

We're a bit worried that our Daily Mail obsession has been rumbled though

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                We're a bit worried that our Daily Mail obsession has been rumbled though
                Just because we are Daily Mail readers doesn't mean we are all xenophobes, my cleaner is foreign, I think they are from Newcastle or somewhere in that region

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Hang on a minute

that I, as a City headhunter and former contractor,
                  Is he... is he... is he a pimp?!

Comment

Tykelike, yes I can bleed radiators, I have enjoyed various TV series about gladiators.

As for being a pimp, you need to be careful with that term since I may have copyright over it. I coined the term in 1986 when I got my first contract and started the pimps conference on CIX a few year later.

So yes I am a pimp
                    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Tykelike, yes I can bleed radiators, I have enjoyed various TV series about gladiators.

As for being a pimp, you need to be careful with that term since I may have copyright over it. I coined the term in 1986 when I got my first contract and started the pimps conference on CIX a few year later.

So yes I am a pimp
                      Ha! You're talking to real contractors here matey! (Pinch) Build and improve, that's our motto!

(And welcome to CUK Dominic - love your work. )
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X