• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What is meant by an "agnostic CRM system"."

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Stuff that its in the Cloud based , doesn't get more whale-songy than that!

Agnostic Cloud Based, ECO green, paradigm shifting industry leading CRM. do I get the job, I may consider a salary as low as £250,000.

oh I feel dirty!
    Given the crap salesmen write in crm systems when given guidence on what should be in that field a nosql system that allowed any old rubbish in would be a real selling point to them.

The fact they couldn't get the information out afterwards without expensive custom report development would just be an unfortunate side benefit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    SAAS based???
    Stuff that its in the Cloud based , doesn't get more whale-songy than that!

Agnostic Cloud Based, ECO green, paradigm shifting industry leading CRM. do I get the job, I may consider a salary as low as £250,000.

oh I feel dirty!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    This does give me a mischievous idea though.

Let's create five new 'terminological' terms that don't exist and then make a concerted effort to get them into buzzword bingo common language in the next 3 months.

Suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Jubber View Post
    It means "without knowledge"

(well, the word agnostic does)

There are a fair few crm systems I've seen over the years which qualify then. Usually more due to user error rather than programmer's design.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    SAAS based???

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just come across it in some literature and have no idea what it means.

It means "without knowledge"

(well, the word agnostic does)

Last edited by Jubber; 21 December 2012, 22:35.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Tried Google?
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=agnostic+crm

Erm, this thread is number one for it - in four minutes, think that is a record
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I confess, I invented the term. By accident, dodgy typing in the technical overview. It's supposed to say diagnostic.

Trouble is, the marketing director saw it before I had the chance to correct it, and he started thumping the table shouting "YES! YES! YES!".

There was no turning back after that.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    It means some ****wit manager has been let loose on the documentation

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    An agnostic CRM can only be installed on a "fence" based platform.
    does it have to be installed in two parts?

one on either side?

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    You might have something there.

I have come across at least one CMS and several themes that were heavily into promoting some church or other.

Platform agnostic seems most appropriate for a CRM.
    An agnostic CRM can only be installed on a "fence" based platform.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, it's a CRM system that isn't sure about the existence of God either way.
    Probably the best kind, I don't want my software being too opinionated.

Leave a comment:

• LatteLiberal
    replied
    It means "This sounds good so we can charge you 50k for a piece of software a graduate wrote in a week"

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    It means when it goes live you cannot pray that it is going to work. Have to use some other certified method to get it through the final gate such as crossing fingers or kissing a rabbits foot.

HTH....

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    One that doesn't believe in God?
    No, it's a CRM system that isn't sure about the existence of God either way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X