• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PCG News on gov contracts - Will the government ever **** off and leave me alone?"

Collapse

• Robinho
    replied
    Everyone should be on PAYE if they are doing a job.

The problem is the tax rate is too progressive.

People seem to be getting confused.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    The government and HMRC won't rest until every last one of you are PAYE.

Sorry, but it's true,
    If it were simply PAYE not PAYE plus employer's NI, would that really be so terrible?

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied

Sorry, but it's true,
    That's a great way to get people to leave the country and then they won't get anything

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Sorry, but it's true,
    You too (unless you already are, obv..)

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied

Sorry, but it's true,

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    deleted posted in wrong thread. lol

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The difference is that one is a company, the other is a freelancer.

I don't know why they use consultancies either though

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you really can't see a difference between a company hiring multiple people on a proper salary and charging them out to turn a profit, and one person charging themself out as a company and taking all the money as dividends, there's probably no way we can debate this.
    the difference is that instead of the person who did the work getting to keep all the money, it gets shared amongst the government a bit more via PAYE/NI and then the rest goes to investors / pension schemes via their divvy... which dont get the tax credit anymore, so the gov get a bit more there too.

I never worked out how comanies are willing to pay £1000/day for someone just coz they are thru a big consultancy, yet they can get the same person half price or less going direct. The company as far as I can tell, add no value other than acting as a magnet for people who want a career rather than some work.

?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I look forward to the PCG putting celebrities & politicians through the example tests.

The <insert footballer's image rights name here> fails the IR35 test.

The <Comedian> fails the test.

The <Politicians personal appearance company> fails the test, lets see the gurning idiot pass.

a few of those will derail these.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    I wish you luck finding someone clever enough to figure out how to explain it to you.
    I forgive you.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I wish you luck finding someone clever enough to figure out how to explain it to you.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    If you really can't see a difference between a company hiring multiple people on a proper salary and charging them out to turn a profit, and one person charging themself out as a company and taking all the money as dividends, there's probably no way we can debate this.
    How disappointing. Hopefully I can find someone more clever than you to debate with.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    They're already employed by the consultancy.
    And I'm employed by my consultancy. I am also a Director and Shareholder, as are some management consultants. But you are suggesting that I am a disguised employee of the client, but the management consultant is not. Or are you saying something else?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    So a management consultant is an employee of the client?
    They're already employed by the consultancy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X