• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How recently did you last have an alcoholic drink?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You can get sparkling reds. Surprisingly, they're quite nice.
    I'd rather have still wine anyway though, fizzy drinks make me feel bloaty

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I always wanted to try creating sparkling spirits but never could justify buying a soda stream just to muck about.

Since I drink red, keeping wine fresh by fizzing it seems a poor alternative
    You can get sparkling reds. Surprisingly, they're quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
    Why not get a soda stream instead? You can make yor own cheaper sparkling shiraz' or invent new stuff like sparkling chablis, or for the serious drinkers, sparkling single malt.

plus the CO2 will keep wine fresh. Just remember normal wine bottles crack under pressure. Actully has any one tested that theory with a modifed soda stream?
    I always wanted to try creating sparkling spirits but never could justify buying a soda stream just to muck about.

Since I drink red, keeping wine fresh by fizzing it seems a poor alternative

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Just now. A rather nice 12 year old cask strength Edradour.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Crikey. I'm one of those 'in the last month' losers. I've never really been a huge fan of the taste of alcohol. When I've had a tulip day I usually have a glass of milk.
    Which is amazing since you'd give Marc Almond a run for his money.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Crikey. I'm one of those 'in the last month' losers. I've never really been a huge fan of the taste of alcohol. When I've had a shit: day I usually have a glass of milk.

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    I hope it wasn't proper whisky, what a waste!

I find that as the only wine-drinker in the house, opening a bottle is a problem as it then has to be drunk. Until, I got hold of one of these handy things: Amazon.co.uk: Products tagged with wine saver
    Now I can keep a bottle for a week or longer with no pressure to drink it to avoid waste.
    Why not get a soda stream instead? You can make yor own cheaper sparkling shiraz' or invent new stuff like sparkling chablis, or for the serious drinkers, sparkling single malt.

plus the CO2 will keep wine fresh. Just remember normal wine bottles crack under pressure. Actully has any one tested that theory with a modifed soda stream?

Cue dumb ass youtube video...

And the kids get cheaper pop. They even do tonic now if you fancy a pain killer every night after work.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    This thread is enough to drive me to drink

Leave a comment:

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    damn, you just made me realise i havent had a drink for nearly a week i off to t...

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Would you prefer she moved in with him?
    That was one of the considerations in having her back, I didn't want to "force" her into that option before she was ready.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I wasn't going to drink until tomorrow but I ended up having three pints last night down the pub. My wife and daughter conspired to get me down there so I could meet the daughter's new boyfriend then my daughter could ply me with drink until she broached the subject of moving back in with us for three months whilst she "sorts herself out".

Whoopee.
    Would you prefer she moved in with him?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Can I change my answer, I had a couple of bottles last night.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Is it not possible to move house or summat?
    We moved but she tailed my car back from the pub one night.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    :At least she is not pregnant.
    ...not that I know of at any rate! If that's the case she can get a council house!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Third time she's come back and she's 25 next week.

My wife told me I'd been bitchslapped enough and I could go home.

Is it not possible to move house or summat?

At least she is not pregnant.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I hope its just your daughter moving back in and not her new lurver
    I managed to make that one of the stipulations!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X