• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Planet Earth's Debt Grows"

Collapse

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    It's a good article IMHO - We need more people to realise that as far as the world economy goes, its all made up.

Apple worth billions why? are they making billions a year in profit? erm no..... Its because Mr Silver Spoon and his 2% of the worlds population buddies are telling us they project it to be that way.

Facebook worth millions of pounds? I doubt its even turned over a million pounds in the last year.

Skype worth 8.5 billion .... ffs.

I think capitalism is good mkay - but somethings got to give.
    Facebook has nothing apart from users, and users are a fickle lot. Users go somewhere else then it's advertisers leave = bye bye Facebook. Add to the fact they constantly piss off their users with adding features that they don't want/like, changing settings etc then they could go even quicker.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    It's a good article IMHO - We need more people to realise that as far as the world economy goes, its all made up.

Apple worth billions why? are they making billions a year in profit? erm no..... Its because Mr Silver Spoon and his 2% of the worlds population buddies are telling us they project it to be that way.

Facebook worth millions of pounds? I doubt its even turned over a million pounds in the last year.

Is this how we finally get rid of money in the 24th century?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Um, Apple does make profits of $billions. tens of billions. Facebook has a turnover of a billion or two a year, Apple has profit of a billion or two per month.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's ok. I found the missing $374 billion. It was down the back of my sofa.
    Good job it wasn't down the back of ATW's it hasn't arrived yet.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    credit where its due for AtW + apple, my sentiment sticks for Skype n Facebook tho

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    are they making billions a year in profit?
    They do billions in profit and they've got like $100 bln cash...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It's ok. I found the missing $374 billion. It was down the back of my sofa.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    As the old saying goes:
    If you owe the universe $1000, the universe owns you. But if you owe the universe $365,000,000,000, you own the universe

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    It's a genius plan to keep the Vogons from destroying Earth to make way for the intergalactic highway construction project.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    From the article

Earth's trade deficit with the rest of the universe ...
    If you include the Solar System, which arguably we own (in the absence of evidence to the contrary), then we have a vast trade surplus with the rest of the Universe, in the form of solar radiation.

If our descendents build a Dyson sphere then we might end up with a deficit. But I very much doubt mankind will hang around here for more than a few thousand years when there are so many other places to explore, and certain stagnation for those who stay.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It's MINE! MINE! Start coffing up you b*

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

You need solid valuations.

I have some magic beans here, which if planted will grow a beanstalk into the air that if you climb you will find a castle full of gold. I value these at £100 million, but will sell to you for just £1m. Can't think of anything that could go wrong getting that gold.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Planet Earth's Debt Grows

Planet Earth's Debt Grows

Planet Earth's Current-Account Deficit Grows 18% - Bloomberg

Working...
X