• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The new IR35 regime"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    2?? I thought that was about 5 inches away.. Oh dear
    Story of my life.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Which one is you?
    I forgot I posted that on this thread (it was three weeks ago).

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Which one is you?

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Nope, a flat rat tax with no expenses against tax. Everyone pays 13%
    So how would that stop someone from paying no tax on their dividends, who is domiciled in the UK like someone you may have mentioned

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Just noticed that someone has come up with the name "KenCo" to for personal service companies.

Which is ironic as its not the personal service bit that is the (really) dodgy bit of what Ken is doing.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Originally Posted by swamp
    My definition is 13%. No bands, earn all the money you like:

Student earns £2000 working in a bar one summer. He pays 13%.

Contractor earns £100000 working in bank. He pays 13%.

Sir Philip Green earns £1bn from Topshop dividend. He pays 0%.

...and so on.

FTFY
    Nope, a flat rate tax with no expenses against tax. Everyone pays 13%
    Last edited by Paddy; 20 March 2012, 14:23.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Are we expecting any announcements in tomorrow's budget? I thought they were just targetting the way it's administered.
    They may be an announcement in the actual budget due to the cowboys at various Quango's doing things they should never have done.

As for anything else the worrying information is in the detail and that may take a bit of time before someone notices it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    There are two stories on CUK, about 2 inches that way ------------->
    2?? I thought that was about 5 inches away.. Oh dear

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Are we expecting any announcements in tomorrow's budget? I thought they were just targetting the way it's administered.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
    I'm here if you need me. I miss you lovely contractors Sooooooooo much.

All is forgiven you useless fat ****

Leave a comment:

• Hector
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post

Rest assured that we are still on the case.

Not that we ever liked you, you mobile phone flinging pants-pissing arsehole.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Well, the new IR35 is almost here. All the balls posted on here about the Tories scrapping it looks a bit silly now, they are about to make it much much worse. Be careful what you wish for as they say. I think some will be wishing we were back under New Labour in a couple of days. At least then it was easy to avoid.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Well, the new IR35 is almost here. All the balls posted on here about the Tories scrapping it looks a bit silly now, they are about to make it much much worse. Be careful what you wish for as they say. I think some will be wishing we were back under New Labour in a couple of days. At least then it was easy to avoid.
    Oh well, maybe you'll be able to find someone who will let you pay them to "protect you from IR35v2".

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    10% of all revenue is about £50-60 billion. How are you going to make up the shortfall?
    I would up the dividend tax. As i say doesn't make sense to tax twice.

Not if the infrastructure and workforce isn't there they don't. Otherwise Africa would be booming and northern Europe would be ****ed.
    I never said there would be no infrastructure or workforce, i said it would be funded differently.

Trains would be more expensive, but businesses would have more money so they would be happy to pay for that expense if they needed the service.

Likewise, universities would be more expensive, but people would have more money so they could justify paying for them if they deemed them to be worthwhile. Companies would have more money and may be happy to sponsor people.

Finally do many jobs actually require a degree? There are plenty of pencil pusher jobs that don't need them. In fact, i took virtually nothing out of my university too.

Road tax and fuel duty more than covers the costs of the roads already. You will still need to spend more on the roads though, which will cause a shortfall elsewhere.
    Good, and if we needed to spend more, we'd charge higher road tax, or fuel duty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X