• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for all the God-bothering Christian types on here"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Oi Xog, I thought Catholics could get away with "confession". Drink a couple of gallons of Holy Water and absolution (Ablution - Shirley?) is yours...
    Those crazy catholics... thought this was a thread about proper Christianity

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    I'm sure you won't be offended when I say "None of your business."

In my book beliefs are between a man and his God and so they should remain.
    Totally, I respect your opinion, but since it's a discussion board and people are chipping in, I thought some might answer (which they have).

Always interested in peoples reasons.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Drink a couple of gallons of Holy Water and absolution (Ablution - Shirley?) is yours...
    I need to drink a couple of gallons & bath in the font as well.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Like that. At least Solomon got a good supply of Calimari for his freezer.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    God

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    But like the Catholic Church, it's responsible for mass.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I did mention the "Higgs Boson" earlier. A lot of faith being relied upon there methinks... Oh, and a lot of money too. Not quite as much as is available to the Roman Catholic Church but hey ho!
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    There's no faith in the Higgs, it's just a theory.
    But like the Catholic Church, it's responsible for mass.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    PS Why is there not a book "Things god doesn't want you to know" that explains all the loopholes so you can sin as much as you like and still get into heaven?
    Oi Xog, I thought Catholics could get away with "confession". Drink a couple of gallons of Holy Water and absolution (Ablution - Shirley?) is yours...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    This seemed appropriate

Spot on.

Sorry believers you can think what you like but the Mosquito is a dead giveaway.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I guess my convent education wasn't completly wasted then
    Convent educated! I am even more surprised you are not an atheist.

Nuns - ech! Had a brief experience of them once when I stayed with an aunt while my mother was ill. Vicious harridans shouting at and slippering 6 year olds at the drop of a hat. Loathed them ever since. Ever read Childhood Interrupted by Kathleen O'Malley? I can certainly believe it.

Always found priests mostly likeable and decent chaps. Obviously I was an unattractive child.

PS Why is there not a book "Things god doesn't want you to know" that explains all the loopholes so you can sin as much as you like and still get into heaven?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 29 September 2011, 17:08.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Two of the faithful were crossing the road. One of them was hit by a bus and lay in a mangled heap

The other crouched down, held his friends hands and said, 'let us pray'

The mangled man said 'idiot. call an ambulance'

Duh, call the ambulance and then pray while it is on route.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Jonathan Swift: it is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    This seemed appropriate

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    At least I didn't say Jehovah.
    Stone him!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf