• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for all the God-bothering Christian types on here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Shall we wait for the results to be confirmed by the other two wise-men in Medes and Persia, and wait for the new measurements before drawing conclusions?
    Hmmm, a strange parallel...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      I did mention the "Higgs Boson" earlier. A lot of faith being relied upon there methinks... Oh, and a lot of money too. Not quite as much as is available to the Roman Catholic Church but hey ho!
      There's no faith in the Higgs, it's just a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        There's no faith in the Higgs, it's just a theory.
        Heretic!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Heretic!
          At least I didn't say Jehovah.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            At least I didn't say Jehovah.
            Stone him!

Comment

This seemed appropriate

Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Jonathan Swift: it is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Two of the faithful were crossing the road. One of them was hit by a bus and lay in a mangled heap

The other crouched down, held his friends hands and said, 'let us pray'

The mangled man said 'idiot. call an ambulance'

Duh, call the ambulance and then pray while it is on route.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I guess my convent education wasn't completly wasted then
                    Convent educated! I am even more surprised you are not an atheist.

Nuns - ech! Had a brief experience of them once when I stayed with an aunt while my mother was ill. Vicious harridans shouting at and slippering 6 year olds at the drop of a hat. Loathed them ever since. Ever read Childhood Interrupted by Kathleen O'Malley? I can certainly believe it.

Always found priests mostly likeable and decent chaps. Obviously I was an unattractive child.

PS Why is there not a book "Things god doesn't want you to know" that explains all the loopholes so you can sin as much as you like and still get into heaven?
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 29 September 2011, 17:08.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                      This seemed appropriate

Spot on.

Sorry believers you can think what you like but the Mosquito is a dead giveaway.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X