• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Big Dilemma

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Big Dilemma"

Collapse

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And lots and lots of Sprite...
    Oooh yes. Gotta have something to wash all that tomato sauce down with.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Never mind, el duder. I'm sure your mum will make you lovely alphabetti spaghetti on toast for tea when you get home tonight.

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    i didnt get it.

got offered another instead though.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Who says you've been offered the contract yet anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Dudey, just shag her, problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    One notorious PM started chatting about his visits to S&M and 'Swingers' parties (as well as what he was doing with a blow-up dildo at the Olympia Erotica Show) during a particularly 'well-oiled' company do.

Your story isn't a patch on what some get up to *during* contract, not merely before it...
    f*** I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    cross that stream when you come to it.
    According to the Ghostbusters, that's bad advice.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    One notorious PM started chatting about his visits to S&M and 'Swingers' parties (as well as what he was doing with a blow-up dildo at the Olympia Erotica Show) during a particularly 'well-oiled' company do.

Your story isn't a patch on what some get up to *during* contract, not merely before it...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Don't worry about it el duder - personally I like working for people with a bit of character

(..and someone who's even more rubbish than I am at holding their liquor, natch...).

As for meeting the woman in the workplace, cross that stream when you come to it.

You're not the only PM with skeletons in their closet - you're not special on that account.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Are you sure you're not confusing real life with a drink ad? Anyhow, it works out alright in the ad. Just avoid the Latin quarter.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    im not worried about her influence on the outcome of my interview.

i am more concerned that i have taken on a big role that requires me to act and behave in a responsible manner and show i am honest, trustworthy manager...

when clearly, she has seen me in some serious states of affairs, rolling around the floor at a party smashed out of my face, spitting beer at people..

know what i mean? not exactly the kind of impression u want to create as a project manager on a project.

im a worrier. i know
    I wouldn't bother with it. Sounds like you're doomed from day one.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Two things:

1. By now everyone at that place will know about you so your credibility will be zero before you start.

2. I was mistaken about you being amason. He wasn't, shall we say, as introspective as you.

My advice: Go for it and give us a good laugh by diarising your descent to inevitable resignation.

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    worry

im not worried about her influence on the outcome of my interview.

i am more concerned that i have taken on a big role that requires me to act and behave in a responsible manner and show i am honest, trustworthy manager...

when clearly, she has seen me in some serious states of affairs, rolling around the floor at a party smashed out of my face, spitting beer at people..

know what i mean? not exactly the kind of impression u want to create as a project manager on a project.

im a worrier. i know

Leave a comment:

• TinTin
    replied
    There is something missing here...

Forgive me for intruding in your private life, but I am afraid there is probably more to it than what you've disclosed. What is her position in the company and why should her opinion count for example ? Best case scenario, if she is only a mere secretary or some admin worker, it doesn't matter what she says to the PM's or the interviewers. Worst case scenario, if she is on a par with them, that again can be construed as malicious gosssip ('woman scorned' etc). IMO you have nothing to fear, assuming we are talking about adventures of an otherwise normal heterosexual male which of course you are. Intriguing as it maybe, we'll have to wait for the outcome. Best of Luck.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    replied
    What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X