• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Microsoft Adaptive Keyboard"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    YouTube? Can't be long before MSN Video gets shut down if even the Microserfs have given up on it

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Hey, I've got a load of buttons on my keyboard (mail, a house symbol, calculator, speaker symbol, VCR symbol, etc, about 10 of them in all). I've not used any of them. In fact today is about the second time I've even looked at them
    Me too. If you don't make a conscious effort, you'll never use them as it's not automatic. As with typing properly, it's something you need to practice.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Similar thing from a while ago:

Optimus Maximus keyboard

I'm still saving.
    Darn. Now I've got drool all over my keyboard... otoh, that means I can order a new one!

Re: CapsLock - easy solution. Just change its definition so that everytime you press it, it sends an SMS to your missus to get you a beer from the fridge, or provide some other service.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I've spotted a serious flaw in that keyboard. Clue in the picture:

Yep, it's got a barsteward caps lock key. The bane of any keyboard user and the cause of countless hours of lost work and non-productivity. A keyboard landmine. What a pile of junk.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Hey, I've got a load of buttons on my keyboard (mail, a house symbol, calculator, speaker symbol, VCR symbol, etc, about 10 of them in all). I've not used any of them. In fact today is about the second time I've even looked at them

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Do I read it right that you can program the key that once you have pressed it the function of the key changes so you can have a key that press once is delete, the second is yes so can just hammer away the same key etc?

Gamers would go crazy for this so huge market in that area alone. World of warcraft would be reduced to mashing one button for 25 hours or day or however long they play it for etc.

Konami Track and field would be a doddle! Just hammer away on one key instead of putting a golfball on the keyboard and rolling it backwards and forwards as fast as possible!! My Spectrum keyboard might have survived if it had that kind of functionality!!

You just need one of those drinking birds that Homer had. What could possibly go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Since most people don't use ergonomic keyboards anyway, who cares?
    Most people don't get such expensive (and it will be) keyboards also.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes, it's perfect for RSI, ffs it's not even Natural Keyboard layout!
    Maybe they are going to do that once it's out of concept mode. Since most people don't use ergonomic keyboards anyway, who cares?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Can't see this going mainstream myself.
    Yes, it's perfect for RSI, ffs it's not even Natural Keyboard layout!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Do I read it right that you can program the key that once you have pressed it the function of the key changes so you can have a key that press once is delete, the second is yes so can just hammer away the same key etc?

Gamers would go crazy for this so huge market in that area alone. World of warcraft would be reduced to mashing one button for 25 hours or day or however long they play it for etc.

Konami Track and field would be a doddle! Just hammer away on one key instead of putting a golfball on the keyboard and rolling it backwards and forwards as fast as possible!! My Spectrum keyboard might have survived if it had that kind of functionality!!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Similar thing from a while ago:

Optimus Maximus keyboard

I'm still saving.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    started a topic Microsoft Adaptive Keyboard

Microsoft Adaptive Keyboard

Can't see this going mainstream myself.

Working...