• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Peeing in the pool

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Peeing in the pool"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Special message for AtW;
    This does not mean you should give children an AK47.
    They are far to heavy for a child, start them off with an Uzi and work up.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's fine telling them there's monsters under the bed, so long as you give them some suitable weapon for dealing with them. Like a poker. Children know there are monsters. What they need to learn is that they can be defeated.
    Special message for AtW;
    This does not mean you should give children an AK47.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It's fine telling them there's monsters under the bed, so long as you give them some suitable weapon for dealing with them. Like a poker. Children know there are monsters. What they need to learn is that they can be defeated.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I have seen her a lot more scared than that, was probably me telling her about the monsters under her bed but that is another story

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Christ! Poor girl! Talk about scaring her to death

Ya don't say

I suppose some therapy in later life will help her get over this trauma.
    Exactly! As she as she pays for it herself that is fine

I have seen her a lot more scared than that, was probably me telling her about the monsters under her bed but that is another story

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Someone told me 20 years ago they are starting to put chemicals in that turn purple when you have a pee so they can see who has done it.. Even now when I am busting to go in the pool I think about this and get out and go to the loo just in case!!!...
    If I were running a pool, I'd tip a bucket load of candiru in the water to discourage it

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Someone told me 20 years ago they are starting to put chemicals in that turn purple when you have a pee so they can see who has done it.. Even now when I am busting to go in the pool I think about this and get out and go to the loo just in case!!!...
    That's an urban myth.

You can tell if there's a urine in the pool, as it reacts with the chlorine to produce acid - and it's that that makes your eyes sting.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I told her not to say that as the people who own the pool could be listening. It was very bad to do that and we had better get out quick before they came to tell us off. Told her there were cameras watching and she had better put the hood on her coat up when we out in case they recognised her as the girl who had wee'd in the pool.
    Christ! Poor girl! Talk about scaring her to death

She looked rather worried and I will see when I take her next time if she gets out when she needs the loo.
    Ya don't say

I suppose some therapy in later life will help her get over this trauma.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I kid you not - it was the longest, most enjoyable, most relieving wee ever.

Twice.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Pondlife Holiday Rule #1
    Never go for a swim in the pool with a bar in it.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Just before you decide to have a pee in the pool, think how many others have done exactly the same thing and then think "what the f**k am I doing here?"

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Forgivable?
    Necessary?
    Obscene?
    There's a southpark episode that details the terrifying results of peeing in the pool. Watch it and learn!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Go to the pool at Thermae2000 in Limburg and pee is the last thing you’ll be worrying about when the German swingers clubs turn up for their weekend field trip.
    Or try our local baby pool when a full blown 'floater alert' evacuation is in progress.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Go to the pool at Thermae2000 in Limburg and pee is the last thing you’ll be worrying about when the German swingers clubs turn up for their weekend field trip.

Took my eldest (4) swimming a week or so ago. I asked her a few times when we were in if she needed a wee and she always said no. When we were out of the pool and getting changed she whispered to me "Daddy I was busting so wee'd in the pool", I told her not to say that as the people who own the pool could be listening. It was very bad to do that and we had better get out quick before they came to tell us off. Told her there were cameras watching and she had better put the hood on her coat up when we out in case they recognised her as the girl who had wee'd in the pool. She looked rather worried and I will see when I take her next time if she gets out when she needs the loo.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

The really nasty thing is that the water’s heated to a temperature where proteins coagulate and float around in the water, which makes breathing during swimming a hazardous exercise.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 23 March 2010, 11:11.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X