• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Make Britain Great Again"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Sorry how many decades have the EU & the usual parties being mis managing the migrants? 70+ years it seems.
    Most of Europe is voting in right wing parties - ie those that don't want poorly managed immigration or to become the second hand grenade attack capital of the world.

moderates have warned about this for years.
    Some may say that "moderates are a contributing factor". Rise up! Have the courage of your convictions!

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    France is about to be made great again.

"National Rally won the first round of legislative elections on Sunday, leaving incumbent president Emmanuel Macron's centrist alliance lagging in third behind the left, projections by polling groups said.
    The projections gave the RN 34% of the vote"

This is also what we can look forward to here in the UK in 2029, Reform will get more than 33% of the vote in 2029.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The PA news agency reports that, in a letter to the Electoral Commission, the party’s secretary Adam Richardson claimed that it was “entirely evident that Mr Parker was a plant within the Channel 4 news piece”.

According to CoHo, Adam Richardson is not the company secretary.
    But CoHo is part of the extreme left out to get honest Nige.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    So it would be easy for anyone to misrepresent themselves, as appears to have happened here.
    yeh, that old one. - 'it wisnae me! - big boys done it, and ran away!'

feckin fascists.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Oh I forgot this.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...086bfb3f8f0d5c

Reform UK says it has reported Channel 4 to the Electoral Commission Reform UK has said it has reported Channel 4 to the Electoral Commission, after the broadcaster released footage of an activist campaigning for Nigel Farage using a racial slur to describe prime minister Rishi Sunak.

Campaigner Andrew Parker also suggested migrants should be used as “target practice” in the recording by an undercover journalist.

The PA news agency reports that, in a letter to the Electoral Commission, the party’s secretary Adam Richardson claimed that it was “entirely evident that Mr Parker was a plant within the Channel 4 news piece”.

He added: “The Channel 4 broadcast has clearly been made to harm Reform UK during an election period and this cannot be described as anything short of election interference.”

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The evil BBC - how dare they ask Farage questions

Odd how the Greens haven't kicked off in the same fashion.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...081d94ff3d283d

Nigel Farage refuses to appear on Laura Kuenssberg show until 'BBC apologises for their dishonest QT audience'
    Nigel Farage has refused to appear on Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg, describing the BBC as having “behaved like a political actor throughout this election”.

In a social media post on X today, Farage wrote:

I have just been invited to appear on Laura Kuenssberg.

I’m refusing until the BBC apologises for their dishonest QT audience.

Our state broadcaster has behaved like a political actor throughout this election.

Reform will be campaigning vigorously to abolish the licence fee.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Looking at Reform's PR lately (especially the big advert in some of the papers) you'd think they had a properly worked out proposal for the country. The minor detail they clearly haven't but are only looking at a few dog-whistle policies to please the masses is more the message I'm getting. Also I'm seeing a lot of very similar posts on places like Facebook and even LinkedIn, making one suspect there may be a small group of people somewhere flogging their message to make their support look wider then it is.

The whole election is a bloody mess, no party has done anything to sell themselves (especially the Tories who do actually have some good news they could be pushing) and nobody seems to like the idea of Starmer as PM. Equally, people seem happy to vote for a Labour policy vacuum and ignore the dire effects and outright lies of the things they have said they'll do.

There are still a huge number of Don't Knows and Undecideds. It all looks just a bit random right now!

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are you saying that he was just acting for the cameras and that it's all a fake by channel 4 to slur Reform, or that he is a member (employee?) of Reform and was using language that he thought would appeal to those he was addressing, or was he freely sharing his opinion?
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

It could be any of the above. But how he was speaking in the video on channel 4 is not his normal ascent.

Or it could have been setup by reform, so they can turn it around as fake. Politics is an information war. I just wish the election concentrated on policy. Rather than this junk. I'll still vote NONE.
    All of these are possible.

I was in Clacton on Saturday, delivering leaflets for the party, and with the opportunity to canvass like this Andrew Parker bloke.
    The setup was very informal. Nigel sent out a mass-email to everyone who has registered with the Reform Party, not even members, to come to Clacton on Saturday as part of the "People's Army" to leaflet and help out.

There was no ID checking when I arrived in the office - all they asked for was my name and phone number, and then they gave me a bunch of leaflets and sent me out to deliver them. So it would be easy for anyone to misrepresent themselves, as appears to have happened here.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nigel's on telly.

Can't wait until he has to do some real work in Clacton while tulip is president in the US.

Yep, trump will be back in the White House with a Landslide victory in November. Biden is done, they cant hide his health issues anymore.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 28 June 2024, 20:39.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post

:rollin.
    You can laugh but multiple polls from different polling companies have them winning double digit number of seats. And ahead of the Tories in popular vote. Of course polls can be wrong, but they can be wrong both ways, Reform could win even more votes that the polls suggest.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Nigel's on telly.

Can't wait until he has to do some real work in Clacton while tulip is president in the US.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Reform UK taking to the Commons with a substantial 31 wins.

And breathe.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    BREAKING: New poll suggests past week hasn't dented Reform UK's popularity.

Lead over the Tories has INCREASED to three points.

Lab: 38%
    Reform: 21%
    Con: 18%
    LD: 11%

The Tories would crash to just 57 seats according to this poll, with Reform UK taking to the Commons with a substantial 31 wins.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...neral-election
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 28 June 2024, 16:13.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Poor R!sh!

Now he knows how Ms Abbott feels...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...086bfb3f8f014b

When my two daughters have to see and hear Reform people who campaign for Nigel Farage calling me an effing [P-word], it hurts and it makes me angry, and I think he has some questions to answer.
    And I don’t repeat those words lightly. I do so deliberately, because this is too important not to call out clearly for what it is.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

yeh, just like yourself, - moderate my arse!
    I wish someone would and stop you blathering out of it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X