• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New London train line names"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If you hate Britain so much, why don't you leave?

The view from here is much nicer though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Snooky View Post

OK then - what made you feel they were an appropriate response?

(PS - thanks for the crayon, it made things much easier for me)
    ask your carer to explain it to you.

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

I didn't choose the names on the picture as in the post they were supplied by Sickipedia as part of a joke response to the woke names.
    OK then - what made you feel they were an appropriate response?

(PS - thanks for the crayon, it made things much easier for me)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

According to Andrew Neil writing in the Fail, the problem with Britain is all these people who keep talking it down.

But before you go, instead of complaining how every suggestion is rubbish, why not tells us some names yourself that fit your criteria?
    Well if you combine idiots not actually enforcing the law he isn't far off.

Oh dear the dementia kicking in? I suggested a number of names in my post try getting someone to read it for you!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

What's "woke" about "Hamas Line", "Sharia Line", "Dinghy Divers Line"? To my teeny tiny brain that just sounds like Farage-esque gammon lazy stereotyping but, unlike some, I'm always happy to be corrected. So can you spell out why you chose those particular names* in really simple terms for stupid old me? In crayon, preferably.

* - somehow I suspect that you didn't choose the names yourself, you just stole a meme and thought you were being hilarious
    I didn't choose the names on the picture as in the post they were supplied by Sickipedia as part of a joke response to the woke names.

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied

what are your little grey cells thinking? it may say more about you.

My point was they spaffed £6 million on this using woke names with the "UK's unique history highlighted".
    First £6M would pay for a lot of youth clubs etc to keep kids out of crime.
    etc.

Where are the Magna Carta, Trafalgar, Agincourt, Gold / Juno beach etc lines? These are arguably more historically important moments that left us free and speaking English.
    What's "woke" about "Hamas Line", "Sharia Line", "Dinghy Divers Line"? To my teeny tiny brain that just sounds like Farage-esque gammon lazy stereotyping but, unlike some, I'm always happy to be corrected. So can you spell out why you chose those particular names* in really simple terms for stupid old me? In crayon, preferably.

* - somehow I suspect that you didn't choose the names yourself, you just stole a meme and thought you were being hilarious

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

ooh dear did she kick you out of bed or something? Yer farmer giles playing you up?

What precisely is good about Great Britain now? We are 4+million houses short and have a world health service with third world outcomes, we are the chosen destination for foreign despots etc... Now we are celebrating exploiting poorer nations by stealing their medical staff ...
    According to Andrew Neil writing in the Fail, the problem with Britain is all these people who keep talking it down.

But before you go, instead of complaining how every suggestion is rubbish, why not tells us some names yourself that fit your criteria?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

You complain about things being “woke”, you mistake 20% for 5%, you don’t really care, do you?
    Should we celebrate what is Great about Britain, or is that too offensive for you?
    You say you aren’t divisive, obviously you’ve never read your own posts.
    ooh dear did she kick you out of bed or something? Yer farmer giles playing you up?

What precisely is good about Great Britain now? We are 4+million houses short and have a world health service with third world outcomes, we are the chosen destination for foreign despots etc... Now we are celebrating exploiting poorer nations by stealing their medical staff ...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

We haven't , I don't desperately look round for female, LGBTQ or ethnic minorities to highlight when we want to 'celebrate'. I look round for outstanding people regardless of their gender, sexual preference etc.

YMMV
    You complain about things being “woke”, you mistake 20% for 5%, you don’t really care, do you?
    Should we celebrate what is Great about Britain, or is that too offensive for you?
    You say you aren’t divisive, obviously you’ve never read your own posts.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

It's a shame that people aren't happy and celebrating modern Britain, instead anything they don't like is "woke".
    What happened to the pride we had in 2012 for the Olympics. It's only 12 years ago, but we've really become an ugly, divisive nation.
    We haven't , I don't desperately look round for female, LGBTQ or ethnic minorities to highlight when we want to 'celebrate'. I look round for outstanding people regardless of their gender, sexual preference etc.

YMMV

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

In your view.

Also there are issues with the names you have come up with as they would confuse tourists e.g. Magna Carta was sealed in Runnymede which is in Surrey, Trafalgar has a square named after it, no place except buildings in London are called Agincourt.

Yes it was a waste of money but it is nice that the lines haven't been named after royals or some ancient battle/general but more modern London history.

Edited to say: I'm sure I watch the same history channels you do on social media.
    It's a shame that people aren't happy and celebrating modern Britain, instead anything they don't like is "woke".
    What happened to the pride we had in 2012 for the Olympics. It's only 12 years ago, but we've really become an ugly, divisive nation.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

My point was they spaffed £6 million on this using woke names with the "UK's unique history highlighted".
    etc.

Where are the Magna Carta, Trafalgar, Agincourt, Gold / Juno beach etc lines? These are arguably more historically important moments that left us free and speaking English.
    In your view.

Also there are issues with the names you have come up with as they would confuse tourists e.g. Magna Carta was sealed in Runnymede which is in Surrey, Trafalgar has a square named after it, no place except buildings in London are called Agincourt.

Yes it was a waste of money but it is nice that the lines haven't been named after royals or some ancient battle/general but more modern London history.

Edited to say: I'm sure I watch the same history channels you do on social media.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Perhaps vetran can enlighten those of us who are still misinterpreting the intent?

etc.

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Thread reopened. I misinterpreted the intent. vetran is entirely exonerated.
    Perhaps vetran can enlighten those of us who are still misinterpreting the intent?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    What about On Strike Again line?
    nice, maybe add "EDL given a good thrashing" line?
    Or "Moped Marauders"
    or "BakerPoo river"
    any others

Leave a comment:

Working...
X