• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Morning all and update on the Seven One Eight"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    ok 1 by 1

obviously the car is not the same as that nine eleven

the car is basically metallic silver, with red interior

the configuration was just a mock up for you lot and yes most of the safety and driver assistant features are included

so....

the dealer confirmed I got a build slot

estimated delivery is earliest end of March 2024

I can't wait, it's going to be a beautiful car and the last chance to get a pure rear engined, 2 seater, six zylinder, non-turbo, manual gearbox sports car

other people are coming to the same conclusion

Porsche 718 Cayman review – the last stand for the Cayman as we know it 2023 | evo

"
    Is it just us, or has the Porsche Cayman now transcended its 'poor man’s 911' image to become a seriously desirable sports car? Sure, it might have something to do with the (now discontinued) GT4 and the frightfully capable GT4 RS, but in comparison to the 911, which has grown significantly in size and stature, suddenly the 718’s lithe body, simple clean lines and pure driving dynamics seem to have come of age to be all the sports car we could ever need."

Last chance sports cars: BMW M2 vs Audi RS3 saloon vs Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 | Top Gear

"I genuinely believe that once the sun sets on this era of Cayman, it’ll line up alongside the likes of the MkV Golf GTI and E46 BMW M3 as a real world all-time great. One of those ‘we were too innocent to know it at the time, but that was about as good as it gets’ kind of cars."

Milan in "can't wait" mode.

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    Should have gone for the adaptive LED headlights, adaptive cruise control and blind spot indicator. All those things on my lowly Honda Civic advanced as standard and all things I use much more than I thought I would

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    the goal is to have retro styling which respects styling characteristics of the 911's from the 1970's

You mean like this 1976 911 Turbo?

(No bonus points for recognising it)

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied

added the rear wiper to the UK configuration

718 Cayman GTS 4.0 | Porsche Car Configurator

so basically externally that's what is ordered

the goal is to have retro styling which respects styling characteristics of the 911's from the 1970's

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Didn't know you were working for NLyUK currently, so what are the details of her "Personal backup strategy?" It obviously pays well if you can afford a posh "Skhoeder"

lol good one

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

how many backsides to do you to kiss more like

Milan.
    Didn't know you were working for NLyUK currently, so what are the details of her "Personal backup strategy?" It obviously pays well if you can afford a posh "Skhoeder"

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Strewth. How many tapes do you have to change to buy one of those?

Just askin' like.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

how many backsides to do you to kiss more like

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Strewth. How many tapes do you have to change to buy one of those?

Just askin' like.

Leave a comment:

• Smartie
    replied
    this is basically the configuration

Milan.
    Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied

this is basically the configuration

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Smartie View Post
    From memory, the engines in these vehicles are 4 cylinder 2 litre models, not the 6 cylinder 2.7/2.9 litre versions in earlier models. It changed around 2016 in order to reduce emissions.
    They don't sound the same unfortunately so I'm hanging onto my 6 :-)

I've ordered the 4.0 6 cylinder

they will stop making them for good in February

Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 - Porsche Great Britain

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Smartie
    replied
    From memory, the engines in these vehicles are 4 cylinder 2 litre models, not the 6 cylinder 2.7/2.9 litre versions in earlier models. It changed around 2016 in order to reduce emissions.
    They don't sound the same unfortunately so I'm hanging onto my 6 :-)

ok, Dealer called me and said production of the six potter ends next February and if I want one I need to sign the contract and pay the deposit tomorrow, and even then it's not guaranteed

And our survey said..... we're going for it

Done a super configuration, paying homage to the marque's history and the especially the 70's and 80's nine elevens

Metalic Silver

Red Interior

Carrera Alloys

Rear windscreen wiper

etc

looks awesome

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Well I hope you enjoy it when it arrives

thank you, currently waiting to see if I get on the Production build list for the last cars before end of Feb '24

fingers crossed

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Well I hope you enjoy it when it arrives

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The original 911 design was based on a split rear screen.
    unfortunately they don't offer a split rear screen as an option

one does what one can

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X