• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which one do you fit?"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

my butler does all that stuff
    I sacked my Butler #costoflivingcrisis

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'm the one who investigates noises. I also throw spiders out the window if they are in the way. I do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, car maintenance and small DIY jobs.
    Yes but you should really throw a robe on before investigating Forget that. As you were

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

Does your carer know you call him "My Butler"?

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I'm the one who investigates noises. I also throw spiders out the window if they are in the way. I do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, car maintenance and small DIY jobs.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Which one of you will go downstairs in the middle of the night to investigate a noise that may or may not be a burglar?
    Me.

But she gets rid of spiders.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

I found the answer to this last night when the glass break sensor was triggered. Turns out it's me but the wife decided to follow as well and managed to fall down the stairs behind me (she is fine). So traditional gender roles 1, gender equality nill.
    good job at cushioning her fall!

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied

Which one of you will go downstairs in the middle of the night to investigate a noise that may or may not be a burglar?
    I found the answer to this last night when the glass break sensor was triggered. Turns out it's me but the wife decided to follow as well and managed to fall down the stairs behind me (she is fine). So traditional gender roles 1, gender equality nill.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Because this... "The researchers enlisted 92 straight men aged 19 to 43, who completed questionnaires to assess their masculinity style.".

Men usually have all resistance either (metaphorically)beaten out of them by the time they reach their 50s or they work out how to go with the flow.
    Interesting to see that the article doesn't mention whether the men were currently in a relationship.
    You missed out option 3 - which is they are divorced.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Isn't number 3 really a number 1. If it is the man building the gender equality then it could be argued he's the driving force of the relationship so arguably the provider/protector. Surely equality isn't driven by one in a proper equal relationship?

What about number 4 where he's happy to go along with the wife in an equal partnership and 5 where he's just told what to do. Why do all three involve the man being the shaper?
    Because this... "The researchers enlisted 92 straight men aged 19 to 43, who completed questionnaires to assess their masculinity style.".

Men usually have all resistance either (metaphorically)beaten out of them by the time they reach their 50s or they work out how to go with the flow.
    Interesting to see that the article doesn't mention whether the men were currently in a relationship.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Isn't number 3 really a number 1. If it is the man building the gender equality then it could be argued he's the driving force of the relationship so arguably the provider/protector. Surely equality isn't driven by one in a proper equal relationship?

What about number 4 where he's happy to go along with the wife in an equal partnership and 5 where he's just told what to do. Why do all three involve the man being the shaper?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Me - apparently I am disposable.
    Not while the family needs defending and supporting. When your offspring are old enough to fend for themselves and you're no longer capable of breeding, THEN like the old Lion of the Pack you're dispensable.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Me - apparently I am disposable.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied

My wife, well she scares me!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X