• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which one do you fit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one do you fit?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...s-one-you.html

1. Neo-traditionalists – Men who largely follow traditional gender roles, such as being the provider and protector in the relationship
    2. Egalitarian – Men who seek a more equal partnership, with emphasis on mutuality and measurable give and take
    3. Progressive – Men who work on building gender equity in the partnership through regular, purposeful conversations with their partner to adjust who does what
    More 2 Wife is more 1.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Which one of you will go downstairs in the middle of the night to investigate a noise that may or may not be a burglar?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Which one of you will go downstairs in the middle of the night to investigate a noise that may or may not be a burglar?
      My wife, well she scares me!
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Me - apparently I am disposable.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Me - apparently I am disposable.
          Not while the family needs defending and supporting. When your offspring are old enough to fend for themselves and you're no longer capable of breeding, THEN like the old Lion of the Pack you're dispensable.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Isn't number 3 really a number 1. If it is the man building the gender equality then it could be argued he's the driving force of the relationship so arguably the provider/protector. Surely equality isn't driven by one in a proper equal relationship?

What about number 4 where he's happy to go along with the wife in an equal partnership and 5 where he's just told what to do. Why do all three involve the man being the shaper?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Isn't number 3 really a number 1. If it is the man building the gender equality then it could be argued he's the driving force of the relationship so arguably the provider/protector. Surely equality isn't driven by one in a proper equal relationship?

What about number 4 where he's happy to go along with the wife in an equal partnership and 5 where he's just told what to do. Why do all three involve the man being the shaper?
              Because this... "The researchers enlisted 92 straight men aged 19 to 43, who completed questionnaires to assess their masculinity style.".

Men usually have all resistance either (metaphorically)beaten out of them by the time they reach their 50s or they work out how to go with the flow.
              Interesting to see that the article doesn't mention whether the men were currently in a relationship.

Comment

Because this... "The researchers enlisted 92 straight men aged 19 to 43, who completed questionnaires to assess their masculinity style.".

Men usually have all resistance either (metaphorically)beaten out of them by the time they reach their 50s or they work out how to go with the flow.
                Interesting to see that the article doesn't mention whether the men were currently in a relationship.
                You missed out option 3 - which is they are divorced.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I found the answer to this last night when the glass break sensor was triggered. Turns out it's me but the wife decided to follow as well and managed to fall down the stairs behind me (she is fine). So traditional gender roles 1, gender equality nill.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

I found the answer to this last night when the glass break sensor was triggered. Turns out it's me but the wife decided to follow as well and managed to fall down the stairs behind me (she is fine). So traditional gender roles 1, gender equality nill.
                    good job at cushioning her fall!

Comment

Working...
                    X