• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Advice for finding outsourced piecemeal work from agencies"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You have splashed out on a tap? Wow you've really hit the big time. Does it draw from the bath water that you all share once a month?
    Didn't say it was my tap. We have some posh people on the row with their very own outside tap. Beat's using rainwater overflow.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You have splashed out on a tap? Wow you've really hit the big time. Does it draw from the bath water that you all share once a month?
    That won't flow through a tap, they use a shovel for the bath "water".

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's a luxury in our house. Hot water for the pot noodles is only for family Sunday lunch on the last Sunday of the month. Rest of time it's straight out the tap...cold tap.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

NLUK microwaves the water that goes in the pot noddle. He's a tight Northerner, he's heard this will save him 1p
    That's a luxury in our house. Hot water for the pot noodles is only for family Sunday lunch on the last Sunday of the month. Rest of time it's straight out the tap...cold tap.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Well he's wrong there then: 70% efficient at converting input energy into heat, compared with an electric kettle:at 80% (how the feck is it that low? the water is in direct contact with the element).
    Ah, but you're assuming you're heating the same amount of water. With a microwave, you're only heating the water you need (a cup full) but in a kettle you're always boiling more water than you actually need.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

NLUK microwaves the water that goes in the pot noddle. He's a tight Northerner, he's heard this will save him 1p
    Well he's wrong there then: 70% efficient at converting input energy into heat, compared with an electric kettle:at 80% (how the feck is it that low? the water is in direct contact with the element).

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

who microwaves a pot noodle?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

your dinner is in the microwave.
    who microwaves a pot noodle?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

is that the only T shirt you own?
    Given I was pointing out I like pink, it would have been a smidge odd had I posted a picture of me wearing a different coloured top wouldn't it?

Unless you think posting a pic of me in a blue top would have been more apt?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Rachel bought the van, so she chose the seats ... was fine when she was still around as I could blame her ... but after I lost her, it seemed a bit harsh to blame my late wife for the colour of the seats ... so I sold the van

Must confess though ... in a silver van the seats worked well​​​​​​ and I really liked them ... safe in my sexuality I'm happy with pink

is that the only T shirt you own?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Rachel bought the van, so she chose the seats ... was fine when she was still around as I could blame her ... but after I lost her, it seemed a bit harsh to blame my late wife for the colour of the seats ... so I sold the van

Must confess though ... in a silver van the seats worked well​​​​​​ and I really liked them ... safe in my sexuality I'm happy with pink

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Why can't a guy, straight or otherwise, have pink leather seats?

These are my old VW T5 van seat ....

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

we know otherwise you would have a white rangerover with pink leather.
    Why can't a guy, straight or otherwise, have pink leather seats?

These are my old VW T5 van seat ....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Turns out she only wanted me to cut her hair .... word of warning, you may not recognise her later as I'm not that skilled a hairdresser!
    we know otherwise you would have a white rangerover with pink leather.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied

I'm not that skilled.
    Edited for brevity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X