• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Britain has a new booming export"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    But not Finance Managers, BAs, Systems Managers .... so we'll be ok for now.

I see personal trainers are safe too, so you'll be in work for some years to come

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Given the monotonous frequency you post this exact same statement, it looks like your account has already been automated.
    Its alright you won't be replaced

https://www.replacedbyrobot.info/65742/hairdresser

“Hairdresser” will never be replaced by robots.

This job is ranked #176 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
    Sadly accountants are going

https://www.replacedbyrobot.info/696...s-and-auditors

100 % Chance of Automation

“Accountants and Auditors” will definitely be replaced by robots.

This job is ranked #589 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.

Leave a comment:

• GitMaster69
    replied
    They still got me xD but yeah looking at other countries atm

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Open the pod bay doors, HAL
    I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that
    Daisy Daisy give me your answer do...

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Wait for automation.
    Given the monotonous frequency you post this exact same statement, it looks like your account has already been automated.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by dsc View Post
    U

As for raping middle classes, it will sooner or later happen everywhere, someone needs to pay to keep the economies running (and no it won't be the uber rich and uber poor have no money).
    Too true. Wait for automation.

Leave a comment:

• dsc
    replied
    UK is still attractive from a tax point of view, compare it to most European countries and you'd pay more there. On the other hand if you do a lot of business with EU, there's now significant obstacles, visas etc. so it's probably easier to reside in mainland Europe (or elsewhere for that matter).

As for raping middle classes, it will sooner or later happen everywhere, someone needs to pay to keep the economies running (and no it won't be the uber rich and uber poor have no money).

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    There is a huge black economy in the UK this is especially so in London. I am not talking about plumbers being paid in cash but massive amounts of drug dealing and dodgy deals that are financing entire extended families.
    Netherlands is already a narco state.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...to-narco-state

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    There is a huge black economy in the UK this is especially so in London. I am not talking about plumbers being paid in cash but massive amounts of drug dealing and dodgy deals that are financing entire extended families.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Flippin tulipty hell, how did that happen? I'm (with Mrs G) in the top 3%. Never done this calc before.

Left school at 16 with 5 mediocre O levels, down and out divorcee at 32 and now top 3% at 55.

Then again I still spend like I'm on 30K apart from the house, which is 1/3 of net worth. I've tried spending more but can't do with the high luxury stuff, tried the cars, hookers(german), champagne and hotels but prefer a wife, good B&B and a Passat. Only thing I do spend on is books.
    It is interesting once you add in property and pension ... then you realilse just how p*ss poor most people's pension is, and how little capital they must have in their properties.

I certainly don't feel rich, and yet being in top 6% I'm clearly not poor. I still live within my salary every month, saving at least £1-2k of it ... although feck knows why as I have no one to leave it to!
    Last edited by Whorty; 28 November 2022, 19:37.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Flippin tulipty hell, how did that happen? I'm (with Mrs G) in the top 3%. Never done this calc before.

Left school at 16 with 5 mediocre O levels, down and out divorcee at 32 and now top 3% at 55.

Then again I still spend like I'm on 30K apart from the house, which is 1/3 of net worth. I've tried spending more but can't do with the high luxury stuff, tried the cars, hookers(german), champagne and hotels but prefer a wife, good B&B and a Passat. Only thing I do spend on is books.
    Last edited by Gibbon; 28 November 2022, 17:55. Reason: Can't spell!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Nevermind, we're all considerably richer than scootie.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Damn you rich handsome bastard!

I am only in the top 14%.
    Sounds like you're trying to dodge making a donation to my "Help Whorty" fund ....

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Nevermind, we're all considerably richer than scootie.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Its the TT hairdresser that put him over the edge!

I'm not going to boast, as I am considerably richer than yow...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X