• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain has a new booming export

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Using the below calculator I'm top 6% (includes property and pension) ... to get to top 1% I need to find an extra £1.5m .... anyone want to make a small donation to help me?

https://www.varbes.com/your-money/ne...-calculator-uk
    Damn you rich handsome bastard!

I am only in the top 14%.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Its the TT hairdresser that put him over the edge!

I'm not going to boast, as I am considerably richer than yow...

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nevermind, we're all considerably richer than scootie.

Comment

Sounds like you're trying to dodge making a donation to my "Help Whorty" fund ....
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Nevermind, we're all considerably richer than scootie.

Comment

Flippin tulipty hell, how did that happen? I'm (with Mrs G) in the top 3%. Never done this calc before.

Left school at 16 with 5 mediocre O levels, down and out divorcee at 32 and now top 3% at 55.

Then again I still spend like I'm on 30K apart from the house, which is 1/3 of net worth. I've tried spending more but can't do with the high luxury stuff, tried the cars, hookers(german), champagne and hotels but prefer a wife, good B&B and a Passat. Only thing I do spend on is books.
              Last edited by Gibbon; 28 November 2022, 17:55. Reason: Can't spell!
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                Flippin tulipty hell, how did that happen? I'm (with Mrs G) in the top 3%. Never done this calc before.

Left school at 16 with 5 mediocre O levels, down and out divorcee at 32 and now top 3% at 55.

Then again I still spend like I'm on 30K apart from the house, which is 1/3 of net worth. I've tried spending more but can't do with the high luxury stuff, tried the cars, hookers(german), champagne and hotels but prefer a wife, good B&B and a Passat. Only thing I do spend on is books.
                It is interesting once you add in property and pension ... then you realilse just how p*ss poor most people's pension is, and how little capital they must have in their properties.

I certainly don't feel rich, and yet being in top 6% I'm clearly not poor. I still live within my salary every month, saving at least £1-2k of it ... although feck knows why as I have no one to leave it to!
                Last edited by Whorty; 28 November 2022, 19:37.

Comment

There is a huge black economy in the UK this is especially so in London. I am not talking about plumbers being paid in cash but massive amounts of drug dealing and dodgy deals that are financing entire extended families.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    There is a huge black economy in the UK this is especially so in London. I am not talking about plumbers being paid in cash but massive amounts of drug dealing and dodgy deals that are financing entire extended families.
                    Netherlands is already a narco state.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...to-narco-state
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

UK is still attractive from a tax point of view, compare it to most European countries and you'd pay more there. On the other hand if you do a lot of business with EU, there's now significant obstacles, visas etc. so it's probably easier to reside in mainland Europe (or elsewhere for that matter).

As for raping middle classes, it will sooner or later happen everywhere, someone needs to pay to keep the economies running (and no it won't be the uber rich and uber poor have no money).

Comment

Working...
                      X