• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheer up Warty they will be automating hairdressing soon"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Why would I ever open the bonnet? I know where the petrol goes. That's as far as my knowledge of the engineering side of cars goes.
    Likewise it appears your knowledge of euphemisms and anatomy.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Whorty Statement 1: My lady friend owns a TTRS

Whorty Statement 2: All TTRS owners as far as I can see are men

Question: Have you checked under the bonnet of yours to see if there's a dipstick?
    Why would I ever open the bonnet? I know where the petrol goes. That's as far as my knowledge of the engineering side of cars goes.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Question: Have you checked under the bonnet of yours to see if there's a dipstick?
    try in the drivers seat!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

You don't need to value my opinion or taste, I agree.

Edit: do you see the irony of your comment about personal attacks, given this thread you started was specifically aimed at me? i get you're jealous of me, but that's your issue, not mine
    It was aimed at your belief that automation is not happening the tie into the hairdressers car and your rather sparse head was a nice bonus. If it were McDonalds I would mention MS, something particularly geeky would be NF,some old forgotten technology DrS etc.

Not jealous of you, I have a happy family which I would prefer you wouldn't reference in insults as we agreed.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    But even then I'd question how many middle class girls own a TTRS, as the owners club I'm in it's pretty much all 90/10 men/women who own TTs in general, and the RS as far as I can see is all men.
    Whorty Statement 1: My lady friend owns a TTRS

Whorty Statement 2: All TTRS owners as far as I can see are men

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its sarcasm.

nice I will repeat your wise words! I have clearly won so personal attacks are valid.

In real life ... you don't count as I don't value your opinion or taste.
    You don't need to value my opinion or taste, I agree.

Edit: do you see the irony of your comment about personal attacks, given this thread you started was specifically aimed at me? i get you're jealous of me, but that's your issue, not mine
    Last edited by Whorty; 12 September 2022, 06:18.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

There goes the jealousy again ... maybe lose 4 or 5 stone, scrub up a bit, wear some nice clothes, and you'll feel better about yourself. Your good lady Mrs V may appreciate the effort too.
    Its sarcasm.

nice I will repeat your wise words! I have clearly won so personal attacks are valid.

In real life ... you don't count as I don't value your opinion or taste.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

What always pi###d me off. When I was a ltd contractor people claiming I was not paying my fair share of tax. I always declared everything . Big clients do not pay cash.

My mum used to work in catering mostly festivals(semi retired job). She started moaning that some festivals were going cashless. You can see why the traders hated it.

As for the self employed getting a bloody grant during covid and still being able to work..
    Apparently you are deluded the hidden economy is a fantasy according to our resident studmuffin! This point was raised repeatedly with the duck feckers but lost in their accusations of evoidance.

Yep brought you by His Majesties random collecters (other words starting with C available). Obvious to anyone with half a brain that taking an average going back 3-5 years and totals going forward 3-5 years would fix most abuse. But hey the experts were involved.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not on CUK
    In real life ... you lot don't count I'm afraid as I don't value your opinion or taste.

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied

The Turkish Barbers in Maidenhead is always full with about 10 customers a time paying £10 ish per 10 min cut, pretty much all cash.

Its staffed by guys from Eastern Europe, mostly very friendly.

Plenty of trades make more than we do and much of it the Tax man never sees.

What always pi###d me off. When I was a ltd contractor people claiming I was not paying my fair share of tax. I always declared everything . Big clients do not pay cash.

My mum used to work in catering mostly festivals(semi retired job). She started moaning that some festivals were going cashless. You can see why the traders hated it.

As for the self employed getting a bloody grant during covid and still being able to work..

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Surely cars are a personal taste. If we all liked the same thing life would be pretty dull. I love the car. Everyone who has commented on it loves it. I'm sure many people also hate it. That's ok, they don't have to like it, it's not their car.
    Not on CUK

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

I imagine getting a bit of warty action is not high on their priorities despite what he constantly claims.
    There goes the jealousy again ... maybe lose 4 or 5 stone, scrub up a bit, wear some nice clothes, and you'll feel better about yourself. Your good lady Mrs V may appreciate the effort too.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

But neither have you
    Surely cars are a personal taste. If we all liked the same thing life would be pretty dull. I love the car. Everyone who has commented on it loves it. I'm sure many people also hate it. That's ok, they don't have to like it, it's not their car.

To me it's sleek, fast, lovely to drive, perfect with the top off, great stereo, and blondes love to sit in the passenger seat and scream 'wooooooo, faster, faster' ....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

I imagine getting a bit of warty action is not high on their priorities despite what he constantly claims.
    Probably a good place to pick up a sugar daddy if you don't have to own a fancy car to join.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why would a woman join a car-owner's club at all, they aren't that daft

Leave a comment:

Working...
X